Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Super Bowl XL

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 01:06 AM
Default RE: Super Bowl XL

None of your friends like football either?

Old 02-04-2006, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

One does but the rest don't. Most of my friends are car people or lately we have just been hanging out playing poker and back during high school none of my friends ever talked about any kind of sports i bet that not one person i was friends with in high school could have told u what any of our school sports teams records were i know i could not have.

Old 02-04-2006, 05:42 PM

Many professional sports fans in the Seattle area feel their teams are cursed. I'm a transplant to the area, but there does seem have been a lack of, what ever it takes, for Seattle teams to move to the next level. I say "have been" because I belive the Hawks are the real deal. Their performance in the NFC Championship game made a believer out of me. They destroyed the panthers:a very good team.
The Seahawks are going to win because Hasselbeck is better than Rothlisberger, Seattle has the best offensive line in the NFL, Alexander is the league MVP and is money from 10 yrds. out, and Seattle's defence is the most improved and now very good.
Final score: Seattle 24 Steelers: 10

Old 02-04-2006, 10:48 PM

Well said RockSolid. Winning teams in the northwest are far and few between. We just keep rooting them on and hope for a win here and there. I will say, the Seahawks pounded the Panthers and they will do the same to the Steelers.

I think the Steelers will get close to 20. The Hawks at least 24.

Old 02-05-2006, 01:33 AM
Super Moderator

It should be a great game, very close, betting on the Steelers. They better not screw up.

-Matt-

Old 02-05-2006, 01:34 AM

I'd like to see a high-scoring, close game. A score of 49 to 45 would be cool. I don't care who wins.

Old 02-06-2006, 05:57 PM

Steelers it is. It should've been a closer game, scorewise.

Anyway, what was your favorite commercial(s)?

I didn't see all of them. I made the mistake of using the bathroom and getting refills during the commercials. I should've gone during the game.

I liked the Bud one with the little Clydesdale pony trying to pull the Bud wagon.

The two from Ameriquest were funny. One in the hospital when the doctor zapped the fly with the defibrillator. The other in the airplane when the lady was trying to get out of her seat when the plane hit turbulence.

The streaker one was funny. The one with the sheep streaking the horses who were scrimmaging.

Old 02-07-2006, 12:02 PM

Disappointed but not surprised. The Seahawks know how to play the game very well, but sometimes loose focus and don't make the plays that count-as in putting it over the goal line. About the refs: I think there were bad calls-devestatingly bad calls for the Hawks-but the Hawks still had opportunities to win. All in all I didn't think either team played very well and while the Steelers are the legitimate champs, as they should be, I don't think they are the best team in the NFL. That's not sour grapes. I never thought the Hawks were the best team in the NFL either.
Now, its on to March Madness. Go Connecticut! (As I said, I'm a transplant here in the Northwest. I'm a Nutmeg'er from way back)

BTW, the best commercial...... The donkey that tried out for the Budweiser Clydesdale team. Now that's hutzpah. The "streaker" was kinda funny, too.

Old 02-07-2006, 12:10 PM

Overall, I think the Seahawks played better. They should have stuck to what they did the first part of the first quarter. That and a couple of ref calls going their way may have changed the tide in their favor. I wonder why they changed their strategy... and then stuck with that as the game slipped away from them?

Old 02-07-2006, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

The Seahawks held the Steelers to no first downs during the first quarter. Really the best stat of the game. I think two weeks of hype between games didn't do either team any favors. These sport seasons are too long IMHO. Look at basketball. They play from October to June, including three months of play offs.. WAY too long for me.

At least the NHRA season starts this weekend in Pomona. Something I'll watch every week until November. (did I say sports seasons were too long? OH Well!)

Quick Reply: Super Bowl XL