Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Starbucks

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 07:34 AM
Default Starbucks

Yeah, okay. I enjoy an ocassional latte or frappucinno from Starbucks. Anyone else?

But, what's with the tall, grande, and venti nonsense? What's wrong with the good ol' American small, medium, and large?

If you want a small coffee, why do you ask for a tall? Why do you end up with a small cup when you say you want a tall one and make a hand gesture like you're expecting a two-foot tall cup?

Do you feel like a sissy when you order a grawnday? Do you feel like a pretentious sissy when you ask for a venti? Are we pretending to be in Italy or Mexico or where?

In Starbucks country, Seattle, do people look up at the Space Needle and say it's really venti? If they say it's really tall, are they really saying it's really short?

Then, one of my favorite drinks is a venti White Chocolate Mocha Frappucinno with an extra shot of espresso. If I ask for a triple they say, "Excuse me?" Then I slowly say "an extra shot of espresso" and they say, "Oh, you want a triple." Can't that just be a #2 on the menu for example? I have to repeat my order three or four times because they never understand what I want the first or second time. The clerks' attention span isn't long enough to catch those orders after one try. I have to repeat it in pieces. The Chinese were right. Number the menu.

I heard a comedian call Starbucks "Fourbucks" because he said everything there costs four bucks. It's closer to five bucks now with inflation, though.

Well, I'm off to Starbucks.

Old 09-05-2005, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Starbucks

a grande of that espresso would be good to keep me away from sleepwalking.

that venti sounds good but... in phillipines, botomless iced tea is always on the menu. how's that?

Old 09-05-2005, 12:38 PM

I think I'm hyperactive. Coffee has always relaxed me. It will put me to sleep if I drink some and then just sit. That's what Ritalin does to hyperactive kids. It's a stimulant to normal kids. Plus, my wife used to say I never paid attention to her. That would be the attention deficit part. That's why I drink coffee... and Scotch and vodka and wine and beer. Not all at the same time, though.

Do they sweeten the iced tea for you down there? If you're ever here in Georgia and order iced tea, they'll ask if you want it sweetened or unsweetened. NEVER order the sweetened. That's only for people who were born here. It's so sweet it'll make you sick. Yuk.

Old 09-05-2005, 06:39 PM

Lugnut Starbucks uses Yuppie talk, it is all in the advertizing, Go ask for a cup of coffee at Starbucks and they look at you strangely. Dunkin Donuts is starting using all these fancy yuppie name for a cup of coffee stuff in it also. Stricty Madison Ave stuff

Ice tea is one of the luxuries of the south, you can get it anytime of the year and the last time I was south it was real ice tea, not the powered stuff most places sell up here. Southern sweetened ice tea is delicious, my late father was from east texas, so I guess I got the "taste" from him.

Old 09-05-2005, 10:41 PM
Super Moderator

i don't like iced tea, only my wife. ladies always thought it could make them slimmer. if ever i do want one for refreshment, i don't like it sweet. just with lemon is fine.

i'm a coffee drinker and loves to take out a starbucks capuccino every morning on the way to work.

Old 09-05-2005, 11:56 PM

Coffee isn't USA-grown product to start with.
If you are against picking up things from other countries, maybe you should start with quitting drinking coffee in the first place Lugnut?
What strikes me in the topic is, that at the time of great disasters, big wars, collapsing economy, historically low interest rates, some people have time to worry about word game.
Met a guy like that before.
Are you sure Lugnut you didn't drive lardwagon?

Old 09-06-2005, 12:42 AM

god damn i have to just stick to the c-class section of this forum.
Every time i try one of these more general areas everyone talks utter crap and trys to start arguements........

-but as you say lugnut some names are getting so exotic in places you can bearly say what you want, and in resteraunts your like um what is that? and its something normal with an rediculus name <cant think of any examples.

-But i dont know if its good or bad but i have never drunk coffee or tea, so havent experienced this problem, maby i should start so i can be confused by this lingo and so called "normally confused" like everyone else. haha
enough said

Old 09-06-2005, 01:14 AM

You're right. You're not a USA grown product and I'm against you being here. Please leave.

What's a lardwagon? Is that something your father used in your mother country? We don't have those here.

Old 09-06-2005, 01:25 AM

The other guy, that posted in the same style, like you Lugnut had a lardwagon in his signature.
After getting kicked out the forum for the 5-th time he didn't make it back.

Old 09-06-2005, 01:52 AM

I believe it's you that had the lardwagon in his signature. You're the one who's been warned about your abusive tongue and almost banned from the forum.