Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

So...what does everyone do for a living?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 12:09 AM
Default RE: So...what does everyone do for a living?

ORIGINAL: davewmi01

Trainer.....I work for a Canadian Company known as "WreckMaster" and for "Triple A". I train roadway incidentmanagement for primarily tow truck operators, and also law enforcement, fire fighters, EMT's, and municipalities such as state DOT and such. Also teach traffic safety for AAA in NY for point and insurance reduction.

2000 SL500 Black Diamond Designo
Dang it-- you should have trained theAAA roadside assistance guywho decided to make a left turn into the driver's side of mysweeeet 98 C230. He didn't even get out to see if I was ok. Finally I had to knock on his window to find out if he was on the phone with the police or just his wife. Then he got out and cried about the dent and scratch onthe service truckbumper, while my car was beyond a total loss. BTW--Thanks MB for the safety features! They do come in handy...

Oh yeah-- I do social work.I build and manage programs that helppeople with disabilities (like Downs, autism, etc) get jobs.

Old 02-25-2008, 01:02 AM

i was afraid of this lol, i'm work full time as a funeral directing assistant (been doing it for 2 years now) and i'm also a full time student studying in the same field, and later i want to become a Deputy Coroner. Hopefully do some real estate on the side. I love my job though.[sm=tongue.gif]

Old 02-25-2008, 09:46 AM

I'm a furniture designer, leading me to appreciate a Mercedes more than most. As a designer, I can attest to how it's all about how things are put together.....how parts are married. I have no interest in status, or the gunsight hood ornament. There is an elegance of engineering greater (I believe) in a MB than any other automotive design. Just consider how many different.....specific types of screws that
are involved in the production of a Mercedes. Simply unlike any other car!
I drive a Mercedes because of the integrity of design. Pioneers in design, MB spends more on R&D than any other automaker.
As a furniture designer/maker, it's easy to appreciate my admiration of German machinery.
The Mercedes is not just a car for motorheads.....but a car for anyone with an appreciation for brilliant engineering.

Old 02-27-2008, 12:22 PM

i am a REVIT Manager working in aEngineerfirm duing retail stores taking break from school for now but will be back in august to get B.A. in Architecture

Old 02-28-2008, 12:35 AM

Executive Protection.... but that was only after 10 years as a cop and 4 years in the Marines

Old 03-02-2008, 08:26 PM

Police 4 long years almost 5 now

Old 03-04-2008, 09:55 AM

I own an interior design firm. We design stores and restaurants mostly in Airports. Being a designer I learned to appreciate proportion, scale, color, and human ergonomics. That is what led me to Mercedes Benz; then the sound of that sweet AMG engine sealed the deal!

Old 03-04-2008, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator

My mom does the same thing. She's a senior project manager who does numerous interior things. Kitchens and closets are her specialty for big clients like Ray Lewis, bankers, etc.

Old 03-04-2008, 08:18 PM

Purchasing Manager....constantly trying to pinch a penny and currently taking it up the yingyang from steel mills who are making the oil guys look like nice guys.

Old 03-04-2008, 08:54 PM

I am an Independent Filmmaker and I shoot video for the coaching staff of the Kansas city Brigade Arena Football team. My 1995 E320 wagon is the perfect vehicle for shuttling my video gear. My license plate is MOOVMKR.

Quick Reply: So...what does everyone do for a living?