Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Robotic vehicles racing across a desert

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 08:51 AM
Default RE: Robotic vehicles racing across a desert

Hmmm..........Yes...............Those robotic vehicles are pretty cool.

Old 09-30-2005, 01:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Lugnut

You know damn well that Saddam's "people" can't teach DARPA anything about autonomous control of land vehicles. So, why did you make that asinine statement? It's because you were trying make a political statement, as dumb as it was.
That'd the most insane argument you've made so far. (Even with your good record in this field)
Iraqi's drones issues was beaten to death for several months all over the World. Do you think someone would make such a fuzz over the vehicles, that crash on every second attempt?
You are narrow-minded American and that what stops you from seeing the truth.
Why are you driving German, when there are dozens on US brands available locally for less?
People like you can't see past their fence and that is why this great country is dropping in quality of life with accelerating speed.
Was my statement political? Just because I mentioned Saddam's technician? So next time you mention German Mercedes, this is going to be political statement as well?
Get something for your hallucinations?

Old 09-30-2005, 02:26 PM

I drive an M-B because when I was shopping for a 1-2 year old Honda Accord I ran across a '95 SL600 that was cheaper and more exciting. There's no more to it than that. Sorry, Polack.

Allow me to explain the difference between Saddam's UAVs and the DARPA autonomous land vehicles with a little more detail so simple-minded tweedle-dums like you can understand.

The UAVs are controlled by a human pilot in realtime using actual flight controls. They manually fly the vehicle. The UAV has cameras so the pilot can manuever. The human pilot sits in a remote location and remotely controls the UAV.

The land vehicles DARPA is working on are controlled by computer software and cameras. There is no human intervention other than the programming. The vehicle is given a mission and returns when it's done. It is NOT remote-controlled. That's the goal, anyway, since the goal has yet to be met.

Are you able to see the difference?

Was my statement political? Just because I mentioned Saddam's technician? So next time you mention German Mercedes, this is going to be political statement as well?
You did more than just mention Saddam's technicians. You mentioned Saddam's technicians and then said they can teach DARPA something about their project when you know they can't. Again, that's not only a political statement meant to incite, but it's just plain asinine as well. Explain to us how someone who merely buys a UAV can teach anything to someone who is working on autonomous controls? That's like claiming that anyone who buys a German automobile automatically becomes an expert in German automobiles just because they went out and bought one. Talk about insane arguments.

You're a simpleton in the extreme, but we already knew that. Now, go out and play and leave the adults alone.

Old 09-30-2005, 06:44 PM

You mentioned Saddam's technicians and then said they can teach DARPA something about their project when you know they can't. Again, that's not only a political statement meant to incite, but it's just plain asinine as well.

Another BS.
According to government sources and mass media, those people have been highly advanced in technology and now they are our friends.
Why couldn't they share the experience with us? Even the programing is different, both are still unmanned vehicles.
You are not suggesting to us Lugnut, the government might lie to us?

Old 09-30-2005, 08:27 PM

You are not suggesting to us...
I'm suggesting you're an airhead. A simpleton with a tendency towards Bozoism. I wish you could comprehend written English. This would be a lot easier for me if you could. My dog learns faster than you do.

Old 10-09-2005, 08:45 PM

There's now a winner in this competition. It's the Stanford U. entry called "Stanley." It finished ahead of four other vehicles that completed a 132 mile trek under autonomous control.

Old 10-09-2005, 10:52 PM

You're a simpleton in the extreme, but we already knew that. Now, go out and play and leave the adults alone.
Have you considered that this fellow is totally jerking you off? I mean, he can't be serious, can he?

Old 10-09-2005, 11:16 PM

Yeah, I think he seriously jerks off. He's very serious.

Old 10-09-2005, 11:34 PM

C'mon -- superior Iraqi land vehicle drone technology? Get outta town with this stuff!

Old 10-10-2005, 12:26 AM

ORIGINAL: Kajtek1

Sorry dondas for hijacking the thread, but motto of this section is " just about anything goes here".
That may be your motto, but the rest of us at least try to stay on topic.

Quick Reply: Robotic vehicles racing across a desert