Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Retirement Age--85 by 2050?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 04:29 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Retirement Age--85 by 2050?

College can be a lot of work. It can feel like the equivalent to two jobs. The energy you have to spend in class, then the energy you have to spend studying. And MBZ300SDL, just in case, I don't think you are lazy. And one day I want to get to a point where I can work when I feel like it to kill time or something instead of working soleley because I must survive.

But there are alot of people that are my age and some older that are doing absolutely nothing with themselves and being a burden, usually to the parents or a friend or relative. It's sad to see some one thirty that has the resources but is rotting away each day in his parents basement.

Old 02-22-2006, 05:20 AM

mbz300, I didn't see that you were going to school. Good for you. What is your major?

I wish my parents would give me more! Haha. My family has money, and has owned a successful business for 65 years...but they don't give me anything unless I absolutely am hurting for it. I guess they're just teaching me the value of a dollar. I don't expect anything from them. I'm also a very independent person, and don't like people doing things for me. Hence why I work as hard as I do. Sometimes I just want to give up...working 67 hours in one week kills ya after awhile! But, I have things I want out of life that I need to work for. I just need a better occupation! Haha.

Old 02-22-2006, 09:53 AM

You live at home, don't you? Safe shelter is one of the most important things a parent provides for their children. And you know it's not cheap, or you'd probably buy/rent your own place.

Old 02-22-2006, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

I am double majoring in Traditional Chemisty and History of the Civil War. Too very different majors just I enjoy both of them and they both can lead to jobs that require doing research which is something I enjoy. Plus the pay scale can support my hobbies as we all know cars aren't cheap and when we had the thread of buying cars without a cost limit mine was quite long. I know people my age that aren't going to school and must work they are happy and sometimes i wonder y can't i settle for that but then i remember y its cause they still live at home and i assume never want to leave. I dont mind living at home at all but i dont still wanna live here 5 years from now. My next investment instead of a car will problably be land cause I have never lived in a "used" house and want to build my home.

Old 02-22-2006, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator

Me personally, I rather swallow a bucket of red hot nine inch nails than borrow money or things of value from anyone, let alone my parents. That's just me. I don't want help, don't need help and it **** me off throughly when people just take it upon themselves to "help" when I by no means even signaled for it.

Old 02-22-2006, 11:09 PM
Super Moderator

The help they offer is to make them feel better. I feel uneasy with receiving charity too especially when I am doing OK without it.

A wise person told me that if someone gives you money. Take it. Money as a gift equals love as a gift. The giver needs to give it more than you may need it. Take it, and help that person when they need it (someday).

Old 02-22-2006, 11:21 PM
Super Moderator

Indeed that was a wise person that told u that.

Old 02-23-2006, 03:10 AM

ORIGINAL: Lugnut

You live at home, don't you? Safe shelter is one of the most important things a parent provides for their children. And you know it's not cheap, or you'd probably buy/rent your own place.

Indeed I do! I don't want to rent an apartment or house...I feel that renting is throwing money away. I'd rather save what I can and move into a house immediately so I can call it my own.

Old 02-23-2006, 09:17 AM

... renting is throwing money away.
Not if it puts a roof over your head. You can live with your parents so it's easy for you to feel that way, but what about people like BlackWolf? He'd rather put his head in a blender than live for free with his parents. Renting is not throwing away money for a huge number of people who have no other options. My point still being that how a person makes or spends his money isn't what makes that person good or bad.

Old 02-23-2006, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

i bought a house eventhough i can hardly afford it because i think it's an investment.

Quick Reply: Retirement Age--85 by 2050?