Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.
View Poll Results: A poll
299-399
0%
399-499
50.00%
499-599
0%
599-699
50.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: Data Logger + Video Price Point.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 04:19 PM
Default POLL: Data Logger + Video Price Point.

Hey guys, I am in the middle of deciding the price point for the Video + Data Logger (VDL) that I am creating. Basically this unit will record telemetry such as speed, G force, RPM, and Lap Times based on GPS tracking. This unit will also simultaneously record and overlay video via a video camera that will be included with the base unit; perfect for immediate viewing in between track sessions. Base Unit includes: VDL unit1x CameraSD cardCigarette lighter power adapter.[/ol] This unit is universal for all types of cars. Most track guys will love this unit and I believe enthusiasts like yourself may be interested as well for other applications. What is the price range that you are willing to buy this product for? Please Vote! Thanks for your time and I will update you guys on the status of this unit. I think this unit will be available by the next SEMA and I will most likely be selling this item as a sponsor on this site. Edward Lin

Old 04-26-2007, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: POLL: Data Logger + Video Price Point.

Edward, I love the idea, and I do not even race the car. As a matter of fact I set my cruise control exactly to the speed limit every day. Yet somehow my fancy car attracts a new round of miami vice watching over-inthusiactic cops each yearwho enjoy punishing me with nuisance tickets. And as you may or may not know, State traffic laws make an officer's mere testimony Prima Facie evidence to convict, so you are basically "guilty" before the trial is even scheduled. And all the courts really care about is collecting your money. However, a device like this which can offer evidence of speed or other real conditions, would definately create adefense in court. I have recently asked myself, of all the electronic junk on the car which serves against the driver/owners interest, such as certain diagnostic codes we have no access to, computers that cannot be repaired at home that leverage us into multi-thousand dollar repairs, and expensive features which we may not even care to have, when will the auto makers begin to address the modern needs of the typical driver/owner, such as "data" taken before and during an accident, police stop, or emergency. Considering the way people drive in the US, you may have a much larger market than the weekend racers. GO FOR IT. I'll take two, immediately.

Old 05-03-2007, 02:40 PM

anyone else?

Old 05-03-2007, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator

When you decide a price, send me some detailed info. I'd like to sell a few.