Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

One Toyota I would not buy

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 02:09 AM
Default RE: One Toyota I would not buy

... for the times they are a-changin'

Old 03-23-2006, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

And while Rolex may be expensive, I've seen watches in the $100,000 range up to $500,000.

I have a Mercedes and my Mercedes because I always wanted one since I was 5 years old. Why? Because I liked the look of it and tha age, I didn't know what was expensive or cheap, I didn't care. The Mercedes S-class that I saw when I was five, (first one was a 1980 (Euro engine) silver 450SEL. And the one that really caught my eye was a Black 1989-1990 era 560SEL with a red pinstripe and grey interior. From that point on, I said that I will get one of those, because I liked the way they looked and they way they rode. Then not far from that, I also seen my uncle's BMW 7 series (E23) and said that I would have one of those too. Of course as I got a little older people didn't believe me or thought I would grow out of it because those two cars was one of the two most expensive luxury cars someone could buy. I didn't care. But to thier suprise, I bought both of them just as I said I would back then, except mine is not black, (grey), but I love it. And I still rub it in the face of the folk and family that didn't take me serious, but not because I have a paid off BMW and Mercedes, but because they didn't take me serious. Age is nothing but a number and dreams and knowledge comes and goes at all levels. That's my reason for buying the Mercedes, not because I want attention. In fact I hate when people all of a sudden want to be your friend because you have a Mercedes. My philosophy is if you didn't want anything to do with me before I had a Mercedes, I don't want nothing to do with you even after I have a Mercedes and or BMW, or a ("Whatever my soon to be next car will be".).

And I don't care for jewelry or watches or what ever so you won't catch me wearing a $10 watch just as you won't catch me wearing a $10,000 watch.

That goes for clothes too. As long as it looks nice on me and fit, I could care less who makes it. If I had the cash you think I'd spend money to have some other knuckle head name on my clothes? I would have clothes made for me with my name on it. My own brand only for me.

And for the house, What do I need, being single, 30,000 square feet for? Or a 45 million dolloar home? Wouldn't do it. I'll get a nice crib built that's nice size and sensible size. A place up to $500-$600 custom built is enough for me. Nice but not too ridicoulous. And with the change I could buy other homes with it but I don't want that hassle so I'll have one home for that reason and invest in something else.

But my money pit probably would be cars anyways because I always wanted to collect them and collect most of the cars that I like. Some that will go up in value and some just because I like. Most I wouldn't drive, just to collect, like people collect jewelry, clocks, stamps, baseball cards, or shoes.

Old 04-01-2006, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator

Back to the original Toyota topic. The FJ Crusier is my next SUV might be a few years away from buying one but test drove a new one yesterday and loved it.

Old 04-01-2006, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

Is that the retro looking thing? I haven't paid much attention to Toyota or their divisions besides the GS400 I kind of like, (but hate the steering wheel.) It's nice but feels like a toyota. I'll wait till the price drops and buy it as a sixth car maybe. Why can't Toyota take take a lesson from Ford and Chevy (go figure.) and give the Lexus a different feel. The Cadillac may be a rebadged Chevy and look like a rebadged chevy (or Opel) but it has it's own feel. Same with the Lincoln and Ford. The Town Car has a totally different feeling and ride quality from the Crown V. Hm maybe not, they may pick up American product bad habits.
But only if a Lexus felt like a Lexus, I would gladly buy one, no question asked.

Maybe the root of it is that Lexus is really Toyota in Japan. Everything from the LS 430/400 to the IS300 is a Toyota in Japan or have a Japanese equivalent that carries the Toyota badge.

Old 04-01-2006, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah i didnt even know the FJ existed until Monday sad considering i used to be an expect on all new cars that were concepts only let only ones they actually planed on building. But needless to say i liked it and i think it will be my next SUV after the Rodeo is old enough to go become my true beater SUV.

Old 04-01-2006, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

Do it big then.
I haven't truely decided on my next vehicle, but it's narrowed down to; In the order of current preference. (haven't test drove all of them yet, but once I do, it may be subject to change.) I'm single and can do that.

1998-2001 Jaguar XJ12, XJ8, XJR (preference in that order.)
2002-2003 Cadillac Escalade.
1996-2001 BMW 750il or 2000-2001 BMW 740il
2006-2007 Cadillac DTS
2000-2002 Mercedes S500 or CL500 (if I can find one)

Old 04-01-2006, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

I plan on just leaving the 560 as my lux ride for now until i buy a house/garge to keep them all in.

Old 04-01-2006, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator

well you already have about six rides

Old 04-01-2006, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator

5 if u count the 4 wheeler the Grand am and the Trooper have been sold.

Old 04-01-2006, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator

That's alot more than me. Plus I'll still end up with two because the BMW will go to my little brother. Nothing like a Beamer as soon as you get ya licence

Quick Reply: One Toyota I would not buy