Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Oh this guy drives me crazy.

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 04:43 AM
Super Moderator
Default Oh this guy drives me crazy.

I have a friend that drives me crazy. He is a good person, but whenever we talk about cars he makes me so angry I don't know what to do. One time he was trying to change his motor oil, but instead drained the tranny oil. Not realizing this, added five additional quarts to the engine, while thethe tranny ran dry. So he drives his car all the way to my house;the tranny was empty.
So now he has a Mercedes. Somehow the engine seized; I'm not asking why. He went to the junkyard, bought another rusty junk engine that was seized. He said he put a wrench on the flywheel and beat on it until the engine un-seized, filled it up with oil and is now driving it. He is as happy as can be, and couldn't care less. I'd be sweating bullets at every trafiic light! Somehow it is still running.
Now I cannot overlook how many times I have gone over my engines with you guys, with electronic meters,analysers, and guages, measuring pressures, volumes, and outputs, to keep them running properly. So when somebody drags a muddy engine out of the junkyard and gets it running, I can't help but to ponder it.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:09 AM
Default RE: Oh this guy drives me crazy.

wow thats one crazy story. What Mercedes did he buy? It must be a real old one?

Old 10-20-2008, 12:22 AM
Default RE: Oh this guy drives me crazy.

You think thats bad I have a guy buy us that bent a rod in a old 6cylinder jeep. went to the salvage yard used a stick and hammer to drive out a pistons from a rusty bore. Here's the good part they were a little loose in his bore so he used a ballpeen hammer to spread the skirts to tightend it. Also with new bearings he thought the connecting rod was loose on the crank so he took a grinder a removed some from each half to tightend them. It ran we also call him Johny dead rev as he rev's it to the max several time each time he starts and stops it. He ran it 60k before he wrecked it, and the motor still ran great. I also seen him do that to a rototiller motor with success. He's crude and rude but it has worked for him several times. Some people have all the luck.