Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

newbie here.. sayin hi and need help

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 09:02 PM

Hi,

Im also new here, so im not sure how the politics work here, but I might be able to help you with the issues your having. As far as the drivers side door not unlocking from the outside, does it only happen with the wireless key fob? What happens when you press the unlock button in the center dash? It sounds like one of the vacuum lines that goes from the pump to the drivers side door might be kinked and or broken. The best way to check for it is to listen for a slight hissing sounds while pressing the unlock button on the key fob or the center console. If you dont have a leak, perhaps the PSE pump was never version coded to your car. Did the previous owner say where he had the pump installed?

As far as your other problems go, the wipers, directional signals etc, It sounds like your signal acquisition module, or parts of it may be fried. All of those functions run through that module, and since the fuses check out, thats the only thing left in the system. Its not hard to replace and not very expensive. I bought one for my E430 for less than 200 bucks off of ebay.

Here is a link to one: 1998 2002 Mercedes Benz E320 W210 Left Under Hood Fuse Box Sam Module | eBay

Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:57 PM

This is not Bimmerforum, Bimmerfest or even E46 Fanatics. There is just not as much interest here as there is on those forums. Either that or there are not many DIY guys here. I had to figure out how to do the repair work myself. These cars are pretty much a straightforward design. I have felt all along that I was pretty much on my own with my W124. Don't have any idea why the Mercedes forums are so empty but they seem to be. I don't think that there is as much in the way of knowledge here as there is on the BMW forums either. There are precious few DIY threads on here and those that can be found leave a lot to the imagination. Best of luck.

Last edited by Stickbuilder; 02-20-2013 at 07:11 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Stickbuilder
This is not Bimmerforum, Bimmerfest or even E46 Fanatics. There is just not as much interest here as there is on those forums. Either that or there are not many DIY guys here. I had to figure out how to do the repair work myself. These cars are pretty much a straightforward design. I have felt all along that I was pretty much on my own with my W124. Don't have any idea why the Mercedes forums are so empty but they seem to be. I don't think that there is as much in the way of knowledge here as there is on the BMW forums either. There are precious few DIY threads on here and those that can be found leave a lot to the imagination. Best of luck.
Actually your kind of right but that's referring to THIS site. I have also joined other merc forums since buying my car and those have been great so far and VERY informative. It seems like there's either less traffic on here or just fewer DIY'ers for sure though. Either way that does stink when your in a bind and need that help. Dont put all your eggs in one basket and only use this forum, there are others out there that are much more helpfull. Thanks for the reply though.. I do appreciate it. Best of luck to you.