Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

newbie here.. sayin hi and need help

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 10:04 PM
Default newbie here.. sayin hi and need help

Hi guys! Well I'm new to the forums and new to benz's as well. Ive always been a BMW guy but I got a good deal on this benz so I had to. That being said I just picked up a 98' E320 for $1,600 it's flawless inside and out. The car did/does have a couple issues that need to be dealt with though. I had to replace both front wheel bearings and the spindle on the drivers side, and I also have to replace a fog light lens or assembly. The two things I have issues I haven't dealt with yet are A) the drivers door does not lock or unlock from the outside. No clue why? I know the previous owner told me he had to replace the vacuum pump that controls all the locks. And B) the wipers and directionals do not work? Fuses check out ok. I'm assuming it may be an issue in the steering collum with the switch itself. Any info would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by bahn stormer; 02-11-2013 at 10:30 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:52 PM
Default here's mine

Here's a few of my new toy. 1998 E320, 128k for $1,600.
Name:  2013-02-06_12-48-51_207.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  142.6 KB
Name:  2013-02-06_12-49-04_426.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  107.2 KB
Name:  2013-02-06_12-49-30_121.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  128.5 KB
Name:  3L93Jc3p55Lc5H85M1d2b949bff7eb59f16cc.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  52.2 KB

Old 02-13-2013, 11:59 PM
Default Wow!

109 views on my post and not so much as one comment! That's really pretty sad! Not only can no one seem to shed any insight on my issues but I never even got any kind of "hey welcome to our forums or being a fellow first time benz owner... just NUTHIN! All I can say is the BMW crowd definitely seems to have WAY more personality and overall acceptance of a newbie to the family than ANY of the 109 benz owner/viewers on this site! Thanks for ALL your help and welcomes!! It may be my last time WASTING it on you people. In my eyes one hand washes the other and ya help each other out. Correct me if im wrong but I thought you all were car/mercedes enthusiasts here and that was partly the point of the forums? Guess I was wrong? Had this been a BMW forum I'd have an answer to ANY question I could ask usually within the hour... NOT days!! Sorry to vent but seriously guys... ya GOTTA be able to do better than NOTHING! !!

Old 02-14-2013, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by bahn stormer
109 views on my post and not so much as one comment! That's really pretty sad! Not only can no one seem to shed any insight on my issues but I never even got any kind of "hey welcome to our forums or being a fellow first time benz owner... just NUTHIN! All I can say is the BMW crowd definitely seems to have WAY more personality and overall acceptance of a newbie to the family than ANY of the 109 benz owner/viewers on this site! Thanks for ALL your help and welcomes!! It may be my last time WASTING it on you people. In my eyes one hand washes the other and ya help each other out. Correct me if im wrong but I thought you all were car/mercedes enthusiasts here and that was partly the point of the forums? Guess I was wrong? Had this been a BMW forum I'd have an answer to ANY question I could ask usually within the hour... NOT days!! Sorry to vent but seriously guys... ya GOTTA be able to do better than NOTHING! !!
Hi american cousin , i feel the same , i joined recently and posted a ? on here and yet no replys either , im no expert but i had a merc with wiper probs and found that if you unclip the large cover that houses the mechanism gears linkages and spray sum lubricant in there that helps , but if there completely dead than sorry i cant offer advice , im taking my car in 2day to be diagnosed , its in electronic limp home mode , so ive found out by research , fingers xd its just a computer glitch ? but knowing my luck prob more expensive and not a simple fix ? and i thout mercs were sposed 2 be reliable quality cars!!!!

Old 02-14-2013, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by ForcedInduction
FYI, 90% of those "views" were by search engine crawlers.

An attitude like you just showed us will make people NOT WANT to comment on your posts or help you with questions. Its sure made me feel that way.
I do understand your point and I know it read harsh. BUT to be honest.. it IS the truth! I'm sure if you placed a post because you couldn't figure an issue out you'd expect SOME sort of a reply. After checking on it for DAYS and seeing 100+ views and not so much as a hello or ANYTHING you too would be like WTH is up with that??? Obviously I'm not the only one experiencing this as well, as Ricardo agreed. I just had the nerve to point it out. Maybe I'm getting off on the wrong foot here but there's lots of things with this car that I either have to or want to do. However being inexperienced with benz's in particular I was kind of relying on the combined knowledge of the forum members to help get me through it all. If it takes a week to get ANY kind of response then what's the point of asking the question? All I'm saying is everyone here COULD be more proactive and helpful and myself as well as others could really use that. Also even IF your correct and 90% were not actually forum members the other 10% still was. Sorry for sounding so harsh though.

Last edited by bahn stormer; 02-14-2013 at 10:33 AM.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by bahn stormer
I do understand your point and I know it read harsh. BUT to be honest.. it IS the truth! I'm sure if you placed a post because you couldn't figure an issue out you'd expect SOME sort of a reply. After checking on it for DAYS and seeing 100+ views and not so much as a hello or ANYTHING you too would be like WTH is up with that??? Obviously I'm not the only one experiencing this as well, as Ricardo agreed. I just had the nerve to point it out. Maybe I'm getting off on the wrong foot here but there's lots of things with this car that I either have to or want to do. However being inexperienced with benz's in particular I was kind of relying on the combined knowledge of the forum members to help get me through it all. If it takes a week to get ANY kind of response then what's the point of asking the question? All I'm saying is everyone here COULD be more proactive and helpful and myself as well as others could really use that. Also even IF your correct and 90% were not actually forum members the other 10% still was. Sorry for sounding so harsh though.
Idont think you sounded harsh , i kinda agee with you if nobody replys whats the point in asking the ? surely out of all those viewers one of em would of been able to help? as you can see from my post i didnt get a reply but got it sorted anyway on my own, anyway best of luck and bloody electronics grrrrr i wish we could go back to the old ways mechanical stuff with linkages instead of baffling computer this and computer that electronic hocus pocus , just more things 2 go wrong !!

Old 02-16-2013, 07:23 AM

I sort of agree. Not alot of help here. I was lucking that I recieved a couple helpful replies to my question.

I still belong to a Corvette forum. Whenever anyone posted a question, within a few minutes there would be a dozen answers. Forget the replies to a newbie, endless replies. I found the same on Tacoma and Yukon forums.

Last edited by JerzeyJoe; 02-17-2013 at 07:36 AM.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by JerzeyJoe
I sort of agree. Not alot of help here. I was looking that I recieved a couple helpful replies to my question.

I still belong to a Corvette forum. Whenever anyone posted a question, within a few minutes there would be a dozen answers. Forget the replies to a newbie, endless replies. I found the same on Tacoma and Yukon forums.
THANK YOU! Exactly my point!

Old 02-16-2013, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by ForcedInduction
No complaints about that?
No... no complaints... I really just refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man. Your completely missing my point. You'd rather **** n moan over stupid crap rather than being a true enthusiast and trying to help another enthusiast overcome whatever the issue may be. If you don't have anything to say then don't say anything. I was just surprised at the lack of responses in this forum. I never intended on getting into a pissing contest with you. SO, sorry if I expected too much from this forum but all along that's been my only gripe aside from your attitude. So from here on out just drop it ok? It's stupid and enoughs enough. We're supposed to be adults and whatever the reason may be we can agree to disagree. Sound good?

Old 02-18-2013, 11:36 PM

Sorry buddy but I read your post but had no information that would help you. I'm under warranty so fortunately just let the dealership deal with problems.

Quick Reply: newbie here.. sayin hi and need help