Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

New neighbors wanted

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 05:12 AM
Super Moderator
Default New neighbors wanted

Hi everyone.
We are looking for a new place to call home, and would like to hear recommendations or referrals from our friends in here. My wife and I are working professionals, nice people, small business owners, and we are looking for a place where we can own property, show up for work everyday, raise a family, and live peacefully. Our current community has become somewhat violent, dangerous, and crime ridden and we are simply not that type of people. Of course advertisements are everywhere, but referrals are always the best. We are considering locations outside of the US, so if you have a recommendation please contact me. I will post my Email in my member page.

Thanks
Blue

Old 12-25-2008, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: New neighbors wanted

Wow time flies. I will be retiring this month, before 09. It feels weird; I hope I dont get fat.

Blue

Old 12-28-2008, 10:58 PM

Do you like hot or cold weather? If you like the Northeast come on up to Saratoga Springs NY.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator

Skip Maryland. It's home of strict regulation, tough laws, high taxes and bad roads (especially 695 which circles around Baltimore).

You know what would be cool? Moving to Britain, England, Germany, Taiwan, or Sweeden. I would recomment Tokyo or any place in Japan, but owning your own car would be very expensive there. But they do have fanastic public transit systems.

If you prefer to stay within the US, Pennsylvania's not too bad

Old 12-29-2008, 09:31 PM

Owning a car would be expensive also because of the Enviormental laws they are starting to pass in other countries putting more restrictions on people having cars and getting them to use public transit.

Old 12-30-2008, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator

I prefer warm/tropical

Old 12-30-2008, 06:33 PM

Venice/Sarasota Florida. Look it up or come down when I am there in July/Aug. I would be happy to show you around. There is tons of realestate for sale there. Your 2 years 2 late. I could of sold you my place on the Gulf of Mexico if you where looking to move about 2 years ago. Are you looking to get out of Atlanta for good?

Old 01-01-2009, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator

Yes, we are specifically considering locations outside the US.

Blue

Old 01-13-2009, 03:21 AM

if you ever change your mind about going outside the US ... head to california

Old 01-25-2009, 08:50 PM
My son called me yesterday and was hoping we would move to Florida. And even though we haven't yet we are still going to move. We thought things might go better for us if we move from the state we are in now. I want to move further south in Florida from where my son wants to move to. My son has been staying with my brother and his wife a few days.
But left today to head to Chicago. He has been looking for a place to live in Florida also.
What would be the best links to check that out?

Thank you

Quick Reply: New neighbors wanted