Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

New cell phones

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 12:44 AM
Super Moderator
Default New cell phones

I got a Motorla V360 today from T-Moble. There is more crap in this phone than I will ever use. I got it for the blue tooth and because Motorola phones don't break for me. What gets me is every time I get a new phone, even fron the same manufacturer, I have to learn how it works. It's like buying a new car I can't drive without lessons.

Old 01-28-2006, 12:58 AM
Default RE: New cell phones

Yeah, they're getting to be like M-Bs. 600 unused electronic features are to be removed to simplify the future M-Bs.

Old 01-28-2006, 12:59 AM
Super Moderator

Makes me feel old. Darn newfangled things.

Old 01-28-2006, 01:34 AM
Super Moderator

Ever use a graphing calculator? No one person could know how to use every function.

Old 01-28-2006, 01:39 AM

Yea, I know the feeling. I got a new Motorola v188 cell phone from TMobile, $.99 with a tw year extension of my service contract. The button are so small I have a had time scrolling etc and the features are worse then the BMW I Drive I bet.

Talking TECH, Dell just came out with a Terrrabyte computer the XBS. a Terrabyte is 1K gigabytes, I think. However I read the increase in computer tech and speed will stop by 2010, which is 5 years sooner then first estimated. The chip material is almost maxed out. Without a new material, ( presently it is a silicone based material), Whatever speed and capacity is reached by 2010 will be it. MIT put together a computer which "runs" on laser beams. It ran for 10 or 15 minutes and blew itself up and the generators powering it. I guess it takes as much electricity as a city block to power it. No moving parts except for the keyboard and Video, also no limit on how much it can store and read. the engineers who designed it, don't even know how fast it is. They estimate in the billions of bytes per nano second, whatever a nano second is. In the time is did run it was able to develope and solve E=MC2 in less then a second. Enstein took 10 years to formulate the formula.

Screw technology give me a my fingers and toes anytime!

My kid 26 and 24 have a hard time telling time on a watch that is no digital. The 450SLC has a analog clock and it took my son a while to figure out it was 7:30PM. Yet he is a web developer, and makes a lot of money for a 24 yeard old. But he thinks it 010101010 etc (Binary code just like a computer, in case no ones understands the numbers)

Old 01-28-2006, 01:49 AM
Super Moderator

I'm a CPA and construction contractor, all we do is arithmatic. Instead of a class on geometry, colleges should just show us how to use the damn tools.

Old 01-28-2006, 02:51 AM
Super Moderator

kids can learn new things faster than us.

when i got my new phone, i ask my 9 year old daughter to teach me how to use it. after studying with it for 20 minutes, she explains all the functions to me.

Old 01-28-2006, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

A nano Second is 1 billionth of a second. I am 20 and I were watches that are analog but i must admit i have to look at it longer than i should. Terrabyte computers have been out for a while but they were just used in Mainframes or Minis they were not need on a personal pc level. A "mini" in actually larger than a Desktop about the size of a Compact-Fridge for those that dont know.

Old 01-28-2006, 02:51 PM

I wear a digital Suunto barometric watch. It tells time, altitude, barometric pressure and temperature, has a compass and a chronograph. It can track altitude changes in feet or meters. And a few other things. This is all according to the instructions, 'cause I don't know how to work it.

Old 01-28-2006, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

Ha! My watch cant even tell if its a 30 or 31 day month but it has never lost any time at all its a Wittnauer. But my cheap $75 Citizen can lol.

Quick Reply: New cell phones