Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Most-Used Keys

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 04:07 PM
Default Most-Used Keys

I've noticed some of my keyboard keys are wearing away. I wonder what the most used letters are? I remember seeing a list somewhere, at sometime, but I have no idea where now. It was something like SHRLU (in that order) or something. What will I do when the "E" wears off? I won't be able to find it. It's not like I'm a typist. I hunt and peck.

So, anyway, the E, A, S, D, L, and C keys are starting to rub off. Time for a new keyboard, I guess.

Old 03-04-2006, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Most-Used Keys

None of my keys are wearing away however my mom is a typist 100+ wpm her keys start wearing after 3 months and the keyboards may last a year or two. They just simply wear out and they are the ergonomic ones by Microsoft. However my old laptop keys seem to be wearing. Yet i dont use it much for typing.

Old 03-04-2006, 05:28 PM

If I rearrange those letters I can spell EDSAL. Kinda close to Edsel.

Old 03-04-2006, 08:26 PM

I just need too toss mine out. It has coffee, popsicle, and sundry other food stains plus different types of bread crumbs and dust between the keys. I don't know how it happened because I have a strict rule-no food near the computer. Perhaps I should extend the rule to include the key board. Oh yea, no worn out letters, though.

Old 03-05-2006, 02:34 PM

I went on eBay when I had a compaq laptop and I found a case for the laptop keyboard and all. for $20. I took the keyboard off the case when I got it and replaced the worn out one, which by the way had a least a dozen letter wearing off and 3 keys that were falling off.

A new compaq keyboard at the time was $150 or so as I remenber. It was almost a no brainer to replace, as the case I got on eBay was all together so I just figured out to take it apart. and vice verse to install

Old 03-05-2006, 03:07 PM

Gotta marker?

Old 03-07-2006, 01:12 AM

It was a bit confusing the way this topic started....I want to say.

Keys wearing out.....means? The print on the keys faded off? Or the keys are electronically worn out in a way that they no longer send the signal that they are supposed to send?

I saw mixed messages in this thread.

Desktop keyboard wearing out....no biggies. Grow up, go to Wal-Mart and get replacement for $10.

It's painful when laptop keyboard wears out. So...I guess, if you are gonna type a lot on a laptop, better be proactive and use an external keyboard in the first place. Good for your hands too.

Damn...I love the latest slim Logitech keyboard and mouse. They are as hot as fancy Russian tennis players.

Old 03-07-2006, 01:14 AM
Super Moderator

You must be bored out of your mind.[sm=bangbang.gif]

Old 03-07-2006, 10:52 AM

What will I do when the "E" wears off?
... starting to rub off.
Time for a new keyboard, I guess.
Do you really need an explanation of what these simple and easy to understand English words in these particular combinations mean?

Are you just trying to start "something"

Old 03-07-2006, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

Oh he his definitely trying to start something!!!

Quick Reply: Most-Used Keys