Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Most ridiculous spending???

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 03:30 PM
Default RE: Most ridiculous spending???

16 year-olds do stupid things. I was 16 and I remember. It's a part of learning and a part of growing up. That beast is best off in the hands of someone without a lot to prove, and who has already sowed a few oats, so to speak...

Old 03-18-2006, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator

True. But why not teach the kid how to properly drive the thing?
Like for example, I learned how to drive on pretty large vehicles, including manuvering a full sized extended cab F-150 on some pretty small back roads that made driving a Cadillac Fleetwood in downtown Atlanta a simple task. Yet, people who is used to driving small cars can't and or just plain couldn't drive my car without running into things or improperly driving and or parking it.
Yeah, you got me on the 40 year old has more experience over all, but how do you get that experience? By doing it. By practice. By a little time. If that kid was taught how to drive that SL and that's what he know how to drive then I'm sure he can drive it better than me and most people who never drove the thing. And like wise if he try to drive cars I'm used to it may be a little alien to him. He might get "overwhelmed" as some described it when they tried to drive my Cadillac. But to me it was normality. And little small Hondas felt twitchy, cramped, rough riding like go cart, but that was normal to them.

Overall, I think people just need a little more time to learn on what ever car they gonna drive whether it be a pinto or a Ferrari F50. Too many people do rush the process. And that go for all ages. They get the car drive up and down a neighborhood block once or twice and think they are Jeff Gordan all of a sudden.

And to be technical the highest car insurance rates are for Black males that are under twenty five that drive a red high performance vehicle. I'ma let that marinate a little.

And if the father puts the insurance in his name, the rate probably will be dirt cheap. But then again, he probably have money to burn even if the kid loses his mind and blows up the car for fun and asks for a new one.

Old 03-18-2006, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator

Also bad credit people have higher rates now and days too including to what I already said.

Old 03-18-2006, 03:39 PM

Suffice it to say that an SL55 is not the proper car to use for learning how to drive, no matter how old you are.

I've never seen an SL55 with a "STUDENT DRIVER" sign stuck on it.

Old 03-18-2006, 03:48 PM

And to be technical the highest car insurance rates are for Black males that are under twenty five that drive a red high performance vehicle. I'ma let that marinate a little.

And if the father puts the insurance in his name, the rate probably will be dirt cheap. But then again, he probably have money to burn even if the kid loses his mind and blows up the car for fun and asks for a new one.
Rates for young black males under 25 are higher than for older black males. Same for white males and purple and green males. That means rates for 16-year-olds are higher than for a 40-year-olds, as I said. Maybe I'm missing your point?

A father must pay a higher rate for his son than his daughter. The rate will be affected by the driving habits of the insured, so it may not be "dirt cheap."

Old 03-18-2006, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

I'm talking about overall. What I mean is that a fresh 16 year old white male will get a different rate than a fresh 16 black male.

And anyone who has $600,000 to blow on a plate like it's nothing, the insurance can't be that high even if you have a mile high stack of traffic tickets.

(A guy that makes $80,000 a year and buys a $30,000 and if he had the equivalent of $10 million that would be him buying a car that's $3,750,000, so that's about ten Rolls-Royces with a little change left over.)

Old 03-18-2006, 04:20 PM

If I had that kind of money to throw around, I would get the cheapest insurance possible. Obviously, the car would be paid for, so I'd get liability only, or whatever minimum was required by law. I'd pay to repair my car instead of paying an insurance company to "maybe" repair my car. The Fed does that in the US, and richer local governments. Full coverage has gotta be insane for a new SL55.

I'm not sure I totally agree with your black versus white thesis. I've never been asked for my race when I got car insurance. Are you sure it's not a ZIP code (or "bad" neighborhood, "good" neighborhood) thing? My insurance rates have changed drastically just from moving to a different address (rural versus urban) or state.

Old 03-18-2006, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

That's just something from a scientific study they found, but more than likely it's just a big coincidence with the zip codes and the bad and good neighborhood thing.

And everyone don't think the same about spending money. That's why you have some people that turn $1,000 into $100,000s into millions while you have some people that $30 million day and broke within a few years. And I would get liability also. Fulll coverage would be pointless with that much of a deep pocket. So far me to insure a car haven't fluctated too much all over the states just due to the fact that some things just cancel out. Like in Missouri where I was Mercedes parts are hard to get and thus are a little more expensive to repair when you do find a spot. But in Atlanta parts are easier to find but it also a metro area where an accident is more likely to happen as they put it. But all in all it's about profits.

Old 03-18-2006, 08:25 PM
Super Moderator

Do I see a classic Lugnut and Blackwolf "discussion" coming on?!?[sm=bicker.gif]

Old 03-18-2006, 08:34 PM

Sorry to disappoint you, but I have nothing more to add... unless another point arises.

Quick Reply: Most ridiculous spending???