Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Most ridiculous spending???

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 03:24 AM
Default Most ridiculous spending???

i went to high school in australia..for a guy's 16th birthday, his dad bought him a sl55 which costs about 350000 aust..ok..fair enough.. for his car plate however, he wanted a special plate and it happens there was a plate on auction which has just the number 2 on it. im not 100% positive but i think number 1 is owned by the governor general or the prime minister but yeah basically someone really important.. anyways... in the end.. that guy s dad forked out another 600000+ Aust for the number plate in the auction.... ok fair enough.. but get this..the guy didnt even have a drivers license yet.. he was still learning how to drive.... god if you had a million to chuck why wouldnt you get a enzo or something??

Old 03-17-2006, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Most ridiculous spending???

Well If you have a million to blow why not get exactly what you want whether it be a Pontiac GTO to a McLaren F1?

Or maybe the guy not too much of a Ferrari fan.

Or maybe he felt that a SL55 is a good beginner's car and the Enzo will be the graduation present.

Or maybe the guy already has an Enzo for himself.

(me personally wouldn't buy an Enzo just because I don't care for how they look and was never into the whole Ferrari thing or other loud rough riding race car felling sports cars. But that's just me.)

Old 03-17-2006, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

You have to be 5' 6" and 135 lbs. to fit into most Italian cars. The kid is probably 6' 3" and 135 lbs.

Old 03-17-2006, 03:52 PM

hah..nah the guy was like 5" asian and 16.. i dont think its about the size.. i just think there much better things to do with that extra cash then to chuck on some stupid number plate..or a car that you cant drive.. donate it to africa or something..

Old 03-17-2006, 03:53 PM

btw not racist about asians here..im also asian..but just saying his a realli small guy

Old 03-17-2006, 05:47 PM

Yeah, 5 inches. That's shorter than my... ugh, never mind.

Old 03-17-2006, 07:31 PM
Super Moderator

That $600,000 probably was change under the sofa

Old 03-17-2006, 08:42 PM

where are asians getting their money? unlike the columbians, they are not reputed to cook cocaine or meth. they don't seem to be experts in printing money either.

i know for the fact that -- in sacramento area....the chinese come with boat load of money and buy expensive homes and luxury cars. that's the reason sacramento area housing market skyrocketed (though it a kinda stablized now.)

cooking kung pao chicken and selling us cashew chicken meals make them rich, or something?

my brain does not compute here no more on this.

Old 03-17-2006, 10:35 PM
Super Moderator

Lug: My feet are longer then that too.

FMF: AS for giving away the money to feed the poor in Africa. After they eat the food, they will show up looking for more. $ does not correct the problem.

Old 03-17-2006, 10:50 PM

Is all of Africa starving? Can't they share? Why does another country have to feed them? Maybe they insist on having Big Macs, fries and a Coke?

You know what they say about boys and their big feet...

Quick Reply: Most ridiculous spending???