Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Mercedesshop...........

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 08:47 PM
Default RE: Mercedesshop...........

I don't even know what was said after I had posted a few chops at Bush, it was several days after that I learned I was banned and haven't been able to log back in to find out what was posted since, so I am still in the dark!

I disagree with one observation made here, private or not, a forum such as MS with as many as 20 thousand members, I think that number is close, is in my opinion, public! and offering a forum to voice should not be censored and should expect to hear opposition, just as they at MS have...that is OK until someone Like KV makes a valid and clear point to which they dont agree then they run back and hide behind the private forum crap and say I can kick anyone out I wish because it's my back yard........it's called hypocrisy and this is my gripe now!

If BHD were a Democrat with his tung, he would have been gone a long time before KV!

Old 01-03-2006, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator

yeah. that 20 year old snooty moderator feels he's on the top of the world.

Old 01-03-2006, 10:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Benzbob

If BHD were a Democrat with his tung, he would have been gone a long time before KV!
He's been banned three or four times, but they keep letting him back in...

Old 01-03-2006, 10:38 PM

Politics in forums is a joke, I've come to realize! In there (MS) over the past couple of months I posted dumb dumb threads and dumb dumb Bush people responded! I really don't give a crap, it's a joke to me and has been and I have already lost any respect I might have had over a year ago for conducting myself proper for response and with intelligent thought.....Not so dissimilar from politics for real!

Old 01-03-2006, 10:43 PM

Yup, but they never let KV back in once, he returned several times under aliases then got banned again!
ORIGINAL: GermanStar

ORIGINAL: Benzbob

He's been banned three or four times, but they keep letting him back in...

Old 01-03-2006, 11:35 PM

Actually, they did. KV came back as Matt7731 or something like that, and was there for quite a while. Eventually, he started with the personal attacks and harsh language again, and he got the boot.

Old 01-04-2006, 08:04 AM

Wow. I don't allow discussions of politics or religion at my bar. Causes too much tension. But on a forum...who gives a ****?

Old 01-04-2006, 07:44 PM

I agree....Mercedesshop is a forum with many thousands of members and while it's site owner allows a minimum of political discussion he should not be bi-partisan but he is not!

Opening an "Open Discussion forum" and then allowing his moderators to ban those who do not share his political beliefs is poor of character and does not gain respect from people like me to respond in kind..............It has been revealing to me as to just how many hypocrites there are upon that MB forums..........not this one though.......

Old 01-05-2006, 02:55 PM
Administrator

while i would never ban a member for their political views, we have had someone here with super anti-everything views...so i guess that in some way, i see his point..but i do welcome others point of view.

Old 01-07-2006, 11:39 AM

The MS forum is privately-owned and therefore is not covered under any right of free speech. I didn't write the law so it doesn't matter if you agree with me or not. Just because there are a lot of people posting there doesn't change the Constitution. That's not how our laws work. Come on, you know better. That's like saying the private country club down the street should be forced to go public because they have many members.

I think the moderator who booted you is a weakling, as I already stated, but is within his legal right to stifle your speech on that site by banning you because the owner delegated that authority to him. They don't even have to give you a reason. Private property rights are very important in America. They should never be relinquished because someone gets their feelings hurt.