Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Mercedesshop...........

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005 | 12:55 PM
Default RE: Mercedesshop...........

You do realize that the Mercedesshop thread starter's post was quoting SalMonella's post from BW, right?

Old 12-31-2005 | 04:58 PM

Well, golly. If you were in my house and said something that I really, REALLY didn't like, I'd boot your butt out the front door. That's a sign of respect--not booting your butt out the back door, that is. There is no freedom of speech in my house. I am the dictator there and I determine all that is allowable. I believe you do the same. I'm just not sure about which door you'd use.

The same applies to a privately-owned Internet forum. The Constitutional guarantee of freedom of speech does not apply there. Most people don't have a clue as to what the Constitutional guarantee is. They think it applies everywhere, all the time, and to everybody. Sadly and often gladly, it doesn't.

If you say something you know will upset the goofy balance someone establishes on their privately-owned forum, why complain when stuff tips and crashes your way when you say it? If you're faced-to-face with a weakling and you don't want to knock him down, why push him?

Old 12-31-2005 | 05:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Lugnut

Well, golly. If you were in my house and said something that I really, REALLY didn't like, I'd boot your butt out the front door. That's a sign of respect--not booting your butt out the back door, that is. There is no freedom of speech in my house. I am the dictator there and I determine all that is allowable. I believe you do the same. I'm just not sure about which door you'd use.

The same applies to a privately-owned Internet forum. The Constitutional guarantee of freedom of speech does not apply there. Most people don't have a clue as to what the Constitutional guarantee is. They think it applies everywhere, all the time, and to everybody. Sadly and often gladly, it doesn't.

If you say something you know will upset the goofy balance someone establishes on their privately-owned forum, why complain when stuff tips and crashes your way when you say it? If you're faced-to-face with a weakling and you don't want to knock him down, why push him?
**** fascist!

JK -- actually, I agree -- the folks who lay down cold cash to keep these forums around have every right to do as they wish, and I have personally found Mr. Woods to be a fair and affable man.

Old 12-31-2005 | 10:00 PM
Super Moderator

thread starter's post was quoting SalMonella's post from BW, right?
yes, exactly.

Old 01-01-2006 | 01:29 PM

Just my opinion, but you should probably give the MS trolling a rest, bud...

Old 01-01-2006 | 11:30 PM
Super Moderator

done already.

i was banned

i can still hack it and re-activate my account, but am not gonna waste my time there.

Old 01-01-2006 | 11:38 PM

ORIGINAL: sleepwalker

done already.

i was banned
You were sure askin' for it...

Old 01-01-2006 | 11:44 PM
Super Moderator

i was just curious how Benzbob feel about it.

it wasn't that bad at all.

i came in too strong that no warning is necessary.

yes, i was asking for it.

Old 01-02-2006 | 06:35 AM

Okay, I found Open Discussion, obviously, but WHICH thread topic are we talking about here?

Old 01-02-2006 | 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

this topic.

they close it for i messed it up. it must have been a good one.