Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Mercedes Owners, I could really use your help!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 12:41 PM
Default RE: Mercedes Owners, I could really use your help!!

ORIGINAL: Lugnut

But, supposing the guy is legit, wouldn't he make the same post on as many luxury car sites as he could?

What do you think he's after?
[rant]I think he's after the same thing recorded telemarketing survey calls are after -- to annoy me. If someone were to do the right thing and shoot a telemarketer (they should all be shot, really), I believe a parade would be the proper response. This kind of crap just reminds me of telemarketers. There is no Mercedes content in the post, it is his first post, so he is doing nothing but using forum resources to his own end. [/rant]

Old 03-04-2006, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator

Americans dont consider GM's luxury line a good buy because look at the resale value 2 years old they are half the cost used. I have considered them. Its funny my first car was going to be one (my grand parents old one) but things turned out better.

Old 03-04-2006, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

i think it makes survey for cadillac.
I was thinking the same. The survey seemed to lean toward Cadillac. Who buys a Cadillac anyways and how is it considered luxury?

Old 03-04-2006, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

Alot of people buy cadillacs i personally cant say anything bad bout them everyone i know that has owned one has no negative comments and would buy another the problem is getting them to buy the first one. Same goes with all GM products other than very minor things people i know dont have problems with them. And when somebody on a very tight budget ask me what kinda of car to buy i tell them GM. Cause if/when they do break parts arent expensive. This girl i know found a 2001 E320 forsale for 15k well she plans on finacing it i dont think she should buy it cause if something goes wrong she wont be able to afford the repair costs.

How is Cadillac luxury? The same way Mercedes, Lexus, BMW, Acura, Infinity, Lincoln, Jaguar all are.

Old 03-04-2006, 03:44 PM

How can one post be considered spam? I thought it took at least two?

So he's doing it for his own cause. He said that. It may for Cadillac or himself as a school project, whatever.

I'll shoot a telemarketer if you do. Okay, you go first.

To the others... GM isn't a luxury car maker. You guys sound like a bunch of stooges pretending to be the only ones who ever noticed. I mean that in the most respectful and endearing way.

Old 03-04-2006, 05:09 PM

I would definitely call Cadillac high end, if not luxury (not that you could give me one for free). Jeezus -- Scottsdale is some sort of strange mecca for Escalades and Hummers -- they're like some sort of obscene road rash there. And yes, I consider a Hummer to be a Cadillac.

Old 03-04-2006, 05:41 PM

The elderly crowd? Today's seniors like Cadillacs. They were the only luxury car in America when they were growing up. Many think they still are.

Old 03-04-2006, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator

Well the new cadillac has a different feel now and days. It don't feel like the "traditional" cadillac. the last "traditional" Cadillac was the Fleetwood that they killed after 1996. Thaat is my favorite Cadillac. But the 2006/2007 "devile is very nice looking. It has a design that would make me consider buying it if it rides nice. Reliablity don't even matter now and days. What car is reliable now and days. Anyways, Cadillac has it's ups and down but if they stop trying to be BMWs and just be themselves, they will be okay. Remember back in the day when people loved Cadillac because it was, rode, and felt and looked like a Cadillac.

Old 03-04-2006, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: BlackWolf
Remember back in the day when people loved Cadillac because it was, rode, and felt and looked like a Cadillac.
Exactly floats like its on a cloud and handles like a boat. Not bad just different.