Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

if I was looking for a newer car...

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 11:50 PM
Super Moderator
Default if I was looking for a newer car...

Man, they dont make them like they used to. And I am not being nastalgic.
Is it me or are a lot of cars these days are starting to look the same. If you took the emblem off of them half of them would be unreconizable. For example if you look at the rear end of a new Hyundai, Lincoln MKS, Maserati quattroportte and new Jaguar XJ, with no empblem, the light designs looks like concept art of the same basic design as if the same person did them.

What is this world coming to? There arent many movies that are thoguht of anymore. They arew either based off a book, comic, or remake. Cars are looking the same, have the same features, have the same seat stitching and design, same front end, same ride, same engine. Food is tasting the same and have the same ten syllable pesticide sounding chemicals in it that I'm not sure is even edible. even maintance is gettign to be about the same price. Hell, friends pay just as much to maintain a new Focus as a new Mercedes, except the Focus aint worth the plastic it is made out of in two years.

I remember being able to tell a difference between a cadillac, lincoln, BMW, Honda, Mercedes, Jaguar at night just by headlight pattern from the rear view mirror. Now it's like "Oh hey, it's that new DTS, oh wait nope, it's another Honda. IT's like designers have lost it. They either go Bangle (an either awesome or wtf design) or go Toyota(generic). I can see about 30 years from now, cars are generically built and the buyer just add what ever emblem they choose.