Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

How was your 4th of July?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: How was your 4th of July?

I worked on my house. Drywall work and some painting. Since Washington allows ALL types of fireworks, it sounded like Bagdad here all day.

Old 07-12-2006, 10:32 PM

lol, nice. Fireworks are illegal here unless you're "licensed" to set them off or whatever. It's crappy, but they're free to watch everywhere, so it's not all that bad.

Old 07-13-2006, 03:32 PM

ORIGINAL: SLK320Chic

Hello everyone! I was dropping by to ask how everyone's 4th of July went? Mine was quite relaxing. I got to watch fireworks from the deck of my house. Which is always nice!

(For those of you that read that in the New Members Area, don't ask me what happened cuz I was posting it here in Off-Topic...and it ended up in New Members....ODD!)
This happened on the 4th of July weekend. BBQ the whole day on the 4th.

Old 07-13-2006, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator

i can't see the grill and Tbone.

Old 07-17-2006, 04:58 PM

We went to my mother-in-laws for the fourth. Used George Foreman grill to cook cheddarwursts & hamburgers. It was too hot for us to be outside. She is 79 and I was still recovering from surgery.

We had a doozy of an electrical storm, so watched that instead of fireworks. Next year maybe we will get to see fireworks downtown. Right now, we are just taking things one day at a time.

Old 07-19-2006, 07:56 PM

ORIGINAL: glennp_1999

ORIGINAL: SLK320Chic

Hello everyone! I was dropping by to ask how everyone's 4th of July went? Mine was quite relaxing. I got to watch fireworks from the deck of my house. Which is always nice!

(For those of you that read that in the New Members Area, don't ask me what happened cuz I was posting it here in Off-Topic...and it ended up in New Members....ODD!)
This happened on the 4th of July weekend. BBQ the whole day on the 4th.
I assume that means you bought that Benz? If so, it's gorgeous!

Old 07-20-2006, 10:55 PM

my 4th started with a bang on the 2nd, bad storm came thru the area, lots of cloud to groung lightning, one was cloud to my house, punched a hole in the roof, burned up computer, telephones, cable modem, boiler control, a/c condensor, central vac, luckily no fire. and no one hurt, scared the heck out of us, sounded like a missel coming in followed by a loud crack !

Old 07-30-2006, 03:20 AM

wow, that was some hit.

homeowners should cover all of the replacement tho. less your deductable of course

Old 07-31-2006, 07:35 AM

got everything fixed now, total was just under 10k...would have been more, but did most repairs diy, insurance allowed some labor cash, but insurance covered everything well, 100% replacement cost policy paid off, less the 500 deductible.....cant complain. hopefully they dont drop me, heard homeowners can be as bad as auto after making a claim.

installed lightning protection system also........dont want to go thru that again.........

Old 08-06-2006, 02:46 PM

Met my brother at our cabin, put the boat in the water, bbq'd, watched fireworks. Just for fun I brought along a Slip-n-Slide and a Keg of beer, was alot of fun, but the both of us are still recovering....lol

Quick Reply: How was your 4th of July?