Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Has Anyone Here Ever Been Abducted

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Has Anyone Here Ever Been Abducted

Well i let my grass grow two about the top of the front of my shoe how bout u since u mentioned it?

Old 04-01-2006, 02:25 PM

Do you want to know about the grass I walk on or the grass I smoke?

Old 04-01-2006, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

[sm=pimp.gif]

Old 04-01-2006, 07:47 PM

I suppose what I should have said was, if aliens are in the business of abducting, why is it always country folk that get abducted? Why don't they abduct-oh, I don't know, someone like Tom Brokaw, or Charlie Rose. No, its always folks from rural places and often not well educated- or so it seems.

Old 04-01-2006, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator

i know that sometimes you were peeping inside your meade telescope (mine isn't that powerful).

have you ever seen something unusual moving up there?

Old 04-01-2006, 10:16 PM

I think they're referred to as "unbalanced." But they live in cities as well. There's a sleep disorder that may explain most abduction stories. A sleep disorder that doesn't strike only rural folk.

If we shot a directory into outer space listing people ETs should abduct and put Tom Brokaw's and Charlie Rose's name in it, who knows what would happen? Maybe they would cooperate? If ETs came here, why would they be interested in them anyway? I guess you're assuming their society would be the same as ours and that they too have network news anchors and television with news at 6 and 11 pm? Also, that they would want to broadcast their presence through a network news anchor? Or be interviewed by them because they're good at it?

If you were plopped into some alien area and didn't want to be noticed, like the middle of a populated area of China or Russia, would you confront an organized force of many (like a government) or individuals in the countryside where the odds are much better that it would be a safe contact for you?

Old 04-01-2006, 10:18 PM

i know that sometimes you were peeping inside your meade telescope (mine isn't that powerful).

have you ever seen something unusual moving up there?
I never saw anything unusual, so I sold it.

Old 04-01-2006, 10:23 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Lugnut

If you were plopped into some alien area and didn't want to be noticed, like the middle of a populated area of China or Russia, would you confront an organized force of many (like a government) or individuals in the countryside where the odds are much better that it would be a safe contact for you?
He makes a very good point.

Old 04-03-2006, 12:01 AM

Yes, but why don't they want to be noticed? What’s your assumption about their purpose? Perhaps they are like environmentalists who don't want to drill in pristine wildness areas for fear of corrupting the existing order of things? I just assume that if they are complex carbon based life (carbon based life being the only life that could exist if the laws of physics are consistent through out the universe-which they appear to be-or so I’m told) and they can “get it together” enough to build a space ship and visit earth, they’d want to say, “Hi” on a big scale. But that's my supposition I guess.

Old 04-03-2006, 12:24 AM

I have no assumptions. That's my point. Maybe they want to be noticed, but maybe not. I have no idea at all. I'm just saying if they didn't, it would be easy to hide, so why assume they've never been here just because they never abducted Tom Brokaw?

We're a pretty violent civilization on this planet. We solve most of our problems, international and local, through wholesale extermination of our kind. We usually shoot first and then extend our friendship. This information is as easy to obtain as any about us. I wouldn't blame ETs for avoiding us. Why would they want to go to war with us, even if they could win easily? They want our oil? Okay, sorry.

Quick Reply: Has Anyone Here Ever Been Abducted