Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Gun in car

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 06:29 PM
Default Gun in car

Where you drive is it legal to carry a gun under the seat?

[IMG]local://upfiles/7339/785E2055F3AB4F8587404FCC2BC238C1.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-30-2006, 06:39 PM
Default RE: Gun in car

Yuppers.

Old 07-30-2006, 07:53 PM

In Washington State:

RCW 9.41.050

(2): A person shall not carry or place a loaded pistol in any vehicle unless the person has a license to carry a concealed pistol and: (a) The pistol is on the licensee's person, (b) the licensee is within the vehicle at all times that the pistol is there, or (c) the licensee is away from the vehicle and the pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.
[sm=shootshoot.gif]

Old 07-30-2006, 08:50 PM

In my town, yes, in Boston, no.

Fortunately the lawmakers in Massachusetts realize that there is no legitimate reason to have a pistol in Mass. There fore we have extremely tough gun laws, however that doesn t help a whole lot.

The only reason one would have a pistol is to shoot someone else (or target practice for when they need to), and its illegal (in Mass atleast) to shoot others. Therefore theres no reason to have a pistol.

Old 07-30-2006, 11:01 PM

Therefore theres no reason to have a pistol.
I bet Boston policemen have pistols? Are they the only ones that should be able to protect themselves with lethal force? Bad idea.
A pistol is an effective deterrent, used or not. ( Read Here )

Old 07-30-2006, 11:48 PM
Super Moderator

Another ignorant anti gun statement. So, I assume you will just call the police when someone breaks into your home and points a gun at you? You wouldn't even protect your girlfriend or parents? You would just be another crime victim. And a coward.

I never leave home without a loaded 357. I have had lots of hours of professional training and every class I have taken ( taught by law enforcement personnel) has stressed intelligence, when NOT to shoot, and safety. I pray I never have to use a weapon and am proud I know how.

Do some research.

Old 07-31-2006, 12:52 AM

I have no problem with handguns in the home for the protection of said home. I do have a problem with the idea of every Tom, Dick, and Jane carrying loaded weapons with them everywhere they go. It should be extremely difficult to obtain concealed weapon permits, but it isn't. Any idiot can get one, at least where I live, and I really don't think that's a good thing.....

Old 07-31-2006, 02:22 AM
Super Moderator

Any "idiot"? No safety classes? No federal criminal background check? I agree, you would have to be an idiot to actually use a gun without formal education and an insurance policy helps too.

I live in a right to carry state where permits shall be given to those who can pass a criminal background check. I believe formal "use and safety" training should be compulsory. I am glad I pursued this training and did not carry previous to it.

Guns (and swords and knives) are tools designed for inflicting injury, work and sporting purposes. Any tool can be dangerous if used by a person irresponsibly. My pneumatic nail guns could easily kill someone, and those are even sold to minors.

All "idiots" should be allowed to lawfully defend themselves. Every law enforcement official I have encountered (including our local sheriff) thinks people should rely on themselves for protection. However they choose to do it is up to them, except in no-carry states where all gun toter's are bad guys.

As you may have guessed, I am a lifetime NRA member.

Old 07-31-2006, 02:42 AM

There are many ways one can defend oneself without the use of a fireman. I have never carried a firearm, and somehow, I'm still among the living -- blind luck of the blessed idiot, I suppose. It has been my experience that sober, rational people do not engage in conflict. With few exceptions, most fights I have been involved in or witnessed have been won by the more sober combatant. In fact, I know very few people who even own a gun, and none that carry one as a matter of course. Training is a good thing, I agree, but how is one trained to be emotionally stable and incapable of rage? Well, to each his own -- I think I'll go watch some Kung Fu reruns...

Old 07-31-2006, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator

We are alike in that we have never needed a gun. It is just an option I prefer to have. It is there in case no other option is useful.

Quick Reply: Gun in car