Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Guilty with an explanation

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006 | 01:32 PM
|
Super Moderator
Default Guilty with an explanation

I plead guilty with an explaination to that speeding ticket yesterday (74 in a 55). Two years worth of unsupervised probation, and a 3 hour driving program. The driving program is going to cover, "what can happen in an accident". I tried to explain to the judge that I really don't give a sh*t if so and so died or is paralyzed for life from an accident. The next thing you know you won't be flying on airplanes (which are safer than cars) or you'll be duck taping your windows shut (to protect you from toxic gas released by terrorists) (also causing you to suffocate because no air is getting inside your house) because you're super cautious. That's where I suggested community service, she said no

$25.50 court fee
$30.00 sherriff fee
$80.00 program fee
$80.00 fine (possibly, dunno if it was dropped)

What a waste of time and money

Old 12-29-2006 | 01:49 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Guilty with an explanation

Udidnt have ur full MD licnesne yet did u?

Old 12-29-2006 | 01:57 PM
|
Super Moderator

Not yet, I got the provisional last year.

Old 12-29-2006 | 02:36 PM
Super Moderator

Ah i see. Did i tell u what happened with the rear-ending of the R350. If not the cop didnt show so it got thrown out.

Old 12-31-2006 | 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

In many cases the cop will not show and so it usually is thrown out if that happens. Man that's alot of money but alot cheaper than the $328 ticket Igot one time.Sitting in a 3 hour class is crazy. But it probably would be cake walk for me since the army is all about death by powerpoint now for every little thing and class or training.

Old 01-08-2007 | 10:20 PM

$432 for 99 MPH in a 60 MPH in Zona flying down from Vegas to Penix. Driving a Chrysler 300.

Couldn't find a class in Mass to take and reduce the fine. Wasn't going to fly back and maybe end up in the pokey[:@]

Criminal speed? Never heard of it.At least I didn't get arrested! [>:]

YOU PLAY, YOU PAY!!!![X(]

Old 01-09-2007 | 01:52 AM
|
Super Moderator

It's a bit ridiculous. It's a proven fact that traveling at higher, though reasonable speed, reduces accidents....

Old 01-09-2007 | 12:32 PM

Hi

I agree with AMGMercedes Benz, anddid you know thatThe US interstate highwayhas moreaccidents than the GermanyAutobahn Highway.

Thx

Old 01-09-2007 | 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

Yea if i recall correctly The history channel had the specs something like . 78 wrecks per something in Germany and .84 in US. Thats off the top of my head so dont quote me.

Maryland also has criminal speed.

Old 02-09-2007 | 12:19 AM

85 in a 55 here... Completely unintentional. I was listening to music, while tired, headed back to the dorm to do homework. Thought it was a 70, so I went my normal 80-85... Which is also usually the flow of traffic here in Nashville. Nope, it was a 55. On a 4 lane freeway. [X(] Also got docked with some thing about not having the right address on my license ... I moved a couple months back and haven't got another printed... didn't know it was a law... Also, got a fine for pulling to the left shoulder and not the right, which I didn't know was a law, but makes sense when I thought about it. Fines? $50 for "reckless driving", $42 "admin cost", $20 drivers license, and I believe $50 for the lane thingy... which sucks. Total $162. Dammit. My last paycheck was $220. Worked 20 hours for nothin'. Well at least the fines aren't as crazy as in MA or such. $432.... OUCH!!!!!!!! What'll really hurt is the insurance. I'm going to at least try to get the traffic school to help with the insurance and maybe take down the cost of the fines a little. ($65 traffic school, -$100 for the fines. If they are dropped like last time)

I also agree with AMG, speed isn't really the factor that makes it dangerous to drive - it's a general incompetance among the American people and their driving habits. Drinking coffee while talking on the cell phone and driving causes many more accidents than does speeding without distractions. (Not to mention the morons who drive drunk).

Quick Reply: Guilty with an explanation