Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

The Fine Art of Surrender

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 10:59 PM
Default RE: The Fine Art of Surrender

All Western religion is an enemy of peace -- that's the way I see it. Look at the OT, for example, promoting a genocidal, omnipotent god who is essentially described as psychotic, when you stop and think about it. Then Jesus comes around and basically tells the Jews to reject that god and embrace a caring, loving god instead. Wonderful message that lasts until Rome conquers Christianity by pretending to adopt it. This is followed by a disgraceful millennium of Roman-style conquest in the name of Christ. In the meantime, some nutcake in the ME decides to reinvent the Hebrew god in his name, and it's off to the races again. It's all about power and conquest, and it always has been.

I understand your point, but if it were turned around, and Christianity was a second class religion in the civilized world, who's to say that they wouldn't be the same enemy that you see in the ME right now? People killing each other for fairies in the sky -- can it get any more ridiculous than that?

Old 11-09-2005, 12:16 AM

All Western religion is an enemy of peace
All Western religions WERE an enemy of peace...

Crimminy. I acknowledge that centuries ago every religion was bad *** in many ways. Let's talk about today. Some 600-year-old individual can't hurt me now. Some crazed SOB about 20 to 40 years old can hurt me in his name, though. I'm not concerned with the 600-year-old who's all but dust now.

I understand your point, but if it were turned around...
But let's face it. It's NOT. I'll worry about Christians when I have to, not when I should be worrying about Muslims.

Old 11-09-2005, 01:19 AM

Yeah I know. Just wanted to point out that we're all on the lunatic fringe. Wait -- lunatic -- should this be in the whta thread?

Old 11-09-2005, 02:16 AM

Every group has a fuse. How short it is and what lights it and when is the question.

luna = whta = monn

I think you're right.