Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

F1 Season starting

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 10:52 AM
Default F1 Season starting

Looking foward for this f1 season...think its going to be one of the most competitive one of the last years with the fighting going until the last GP's.

think that Ferrari, McLaren and Red Bull have the stronger f1's, can't really predict how the Mercedes will do...it had some ups and downs during the test season.

As for drivers, Vettel, Hamilton and Alonso I think are the main contenders for the Driver's Championship.

Athough the car doesn't seem to be at the front row of contenders, I am hoping for a good return by Michael Schumacher, maybe his experience will help him win a race...that would be really nice...Bernie would love it too!!!

And you??? What do you think???

Old 03-25-2010, 12:31 PM

was hoping to see something better on the first race of the year...it was very promising...but the result was so dull... there was no action during the race...nothing to tell about that one. they need to do something with F1 or it will loose fans...

Old 03-25-2010, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by ForcedInduction
F1 is like Nascar but with a higher budget and right turns. All the cars are basically identical so its down to driver technique.

Both F1 and nascar lost their luster decades ago when they basically outlawed technological advancement.
Ha! yes that's about right, if anyone comes up with a great idea the other teams try to get it banned. That's without Bernie and the lot at the top "trying to make things more interesting" by stopping the designers from competing with each other. I don't know about the returns though. I think some manufacturers might sell more cars if they win, but not if they don't.

Originally Posted by toovo1985
was hoping to see something better on the first race of the year...it was very promising...but the result was so dull... there was no action during the race...nothing to tell about that one. they need to do something with F1 or it will loose fans...
I thought it was boring too, Vittel was ok until it went Pfffft, i didn't think it sounded like an exhaust manifold either, but then .......
Hamilton seemed to do ok but Button seemed to get stuck behind someone and that was that for him i really hope Rosberg and Schumacher can win at least a couple of races this year. I'm not a fan of Alonso because whenever i read about him he seems to moan but Massa seems to make an effort.
Lotus? well i ain't holding my breath let me put it like that.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by steve-
I thought it was boring too, Vittel was ok until it went Pfffft, i didn't think it sounded like an exhaust manifold either, but then .......
I heard that Ron Dennis thinks that the problem was lack of fuel...

Old 04-13-2010, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by toovo1985
I heard that Ron Dennis thinks that the problem was lack of fuel...
Yes there is that, Ron Dennis would probably know too!
Renault/RBR claim it is the most economical engine on the grid, but then they would because it would make Renault look good!