Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Election determines fate of nation

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 09:16 PM
Default RE: Election determines fate of nation

Roundhouse punches are easy to duck.

You're reading a bunch into two opinion pieces that try pretty hard to prove a preconceived notion. Just as that approach is bad science, it's also bad journalism. You can't take many things over a period of time out of context and expect to draw a single picture of the truth that supports what you've already decided. It makes you look weak.

Old 10-20-2004, 10:20 PM

The USA took, and is taking, tough action against terrorists and those countries that support or harbor terrorists after the 9/11 attacks. That's what you keep twisting to support your inane argument.

It doesn't mean the USA is at war with only the 9/11 attack planners and that we can retire after bin Laden is snuffed. Nor does it mean that Saddam had any direct involvement with the 9/11 attacks, no matter what Bush said in a debate or what newspaper articles you dig up. We are at war with all terrorists who would do us harm on our soil.

Old 10-21-2004, 12:15 AM

I'm sorry, but the justification for the mass murder of tens of thousands of people because they "might" be a threat to us some day is despicable. I ain't buyin' it.

Old 10-21-2004, 12:40 AM

"... mass murder of tens of thousands of people... "

You are a simple-minded sand clown. I'm not crying for our enemies. You can if you want to. Better we kill "tens of thousands" of terrorists, you cluck, than they come here and kill us. Geez, man. What's the matter with you?

Are you related to Sean Penn?

Old 10-21-2004, 12:59 AM

American soldiers are terrorists? Each and every Iraqi citizen is a terrorist? Those are the people that are dying. These people weren't our enemies -- they posed no threat whatsoever to the U.S. We're in someone else's store minding someone else's business, creating the next generation of terrorists right now, and our children will likely pay the price. And we're doing this instead of dealing with the real terrorist nations such as Iran, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia. Where's the logic in wasting resources and lives against a non-combatant? Where's the logic in turning a non-combatant into an combatant?

Old 10-21-2004, 01:51 AM

Oh, to hell with it -- on to more important things -- the Red Sox finally get past the Yankees! [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 10-21-2004, 03:34 AM

ORIGINAL: GermanStar

You know, I saw a poll yesterday that indicated that 62% of republicans believe that Iraq was linked to 9/11...
For good reason too! Republicans tend to look beyond the headlines and read the whole article.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5223932/
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast.../rumsfeld.iraq/

The headlines say "No Link Between Iraq and al-Qaida!" However, what the 9/11 Commission really said -- that they came to the conclusion that there was no collaborative effort between Iraq and al-Qaida on the 9/11 attacks.

Reports of subsequent contacts between Iraq and al-Qaida after bin Laden had returned to Afghanistan “do not appear to have resulted in a collaborative relationship,â€

However, the 9/11 Commission Report has listed numerous instances where Hussein and bin Laden had been in communication with each other. Among those were concerns expressed by Clinton's counterterrorism chief, Richard Clarke.

In February 1999, according to the report, the CIA wanted to conduct U-2 surveillance missions over bin Laden's camps in Afghanistan. However, Clarke was worried that doing so might scare bin Laden into leaving the country — and going to Iraq. If that happened, the report says, Clarke feared that bin Laden's "entire network would be at Saddam Hussein's service"

YES -- Hussein and bin Laden were in communication with each other.
YES -- Huesein posed a threat to the United States.

Back in September of 2001, Bush warned us of a long war against terrorism. He asked for our patience and unwavering commitment. I gave him my trust, then. I give him my trust, now.

Old 10-21-2004, 07:35 AM

You're beginning to babble as if you're in a drug-induced stupor. You come up with some really assinine stuff. You're a very confused American.

Or, are you American? The people I hear speak as you do are either anti-American extreme leftist screechers, Arab Muslims, or Hollywood airheads. You worry me.

Do you believe Michael Moore is a great historian who has imbued us with many facts?

Old 10-21-2004, 11:06 AM

ORIGINAL: indy85_starion

For good reason too! Republicans tend to look beyond the headlines and read the whole article.
Have you ever heard of inventing a cure and then looking for the disease? CIBA did it with Ritalin. I swear, if this guy's a shill, I played no part.

Old 10-21-2004, 11:10 AM

Yes, I know how hard it is to deal with logic, but look at the post above yours. There's your run-of-the-mill Iraq war supporter...

Quick Reply: Election determines fate of nation