Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Curling

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 07:03 PM
Default RE: Curling

You have a tendency to over analyze, to put it mildly... and nicely. This is just another one your ill-informed rants.

I don't know how to respond to your highly-prejudiced "white people" comment that's followed almost immediatly by your claim that other people are prejudiced (implying that you aren't, right after you were), so I won't.

A sport is defined as a source of diversion. A sport that requires physical activity or strength is only one kind of sports. Others don't require either, yet others something in-between. Fishing and hunting are sports. They involve luck only if you don't know how to fish and hunt. They can be competitive as well.

Chess is a game, not a sport. But certain games can be a sport. Over analyze that for us.

Old 02-26-2006, 07:54 PM

No matter how much I like or dislike Lugnut.....I have to admit that what Lug had said above are absolutely correct. About the sports, Lug is correct. About me over-analyzing, Lug is correct.

I am not here to argue. Rather, I was thinking...how do we define sports. So I was throwing things that make sense and those that don't...just to see what really is sport.

Apparently, there are borderline cases. Like 300sdl suggested...is paintball a sport? This is a good question. Me, I think 'yes.'

I am sure you all can understand my position that I am not willing to call an activity without using significant strength -- a sport. But hey, that's me.

Old 02-26-2006, 08:03 PM

Let's worry about something more important. There's gotta be something.

Old 02-26-2006, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator

I think that it is a sport and extreme sport any one that has ever payed on a team opposite me will tell u the same thing. I think football and boxing is kinda lame cause of the possilbe injuries yet i will go out and play paintball with just a t-shirt and shorts well and a mask of course getting shot at i guess its the adrenalin rush of it. Quite far from curling lol.