Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Buying off EBAY

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 11:45 AM
Default RE: Buying off EBAY

Hell NO i bought a 86 corolla off ebay and drove 3 hours 2 get it. when i got there it wasn't like the pics but was only little stuff and round trip was 6 hours. didnt want 2 make that trip 4 nothing. but if i knew that little stuff i wouldnt havebid as much stay local and see before u buy. But thats a Hell NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Old 04-20-2008, 05:35 PM

its not ebay fault-THERE ARE CROOKS ALL OVER-REPORT THIS TO EBAY-THIS PERSONWONT BE ABLE TO BUY OR SELL ON EBAY

Old 04-20-2008, 06:04 PM

I believe that with any car if you get a bad one then you get a bad one. Buying any used car is like a crap shoot anyways lol. You roll your dice and hope to be lucky. I am frends with a few auto mechanics who look over my cars before buying. thats about all you can do to help. oh and a carfax.

Old 04-21-2008, 06:06 AM

Mine was ok best if you can go look at it first. I told the seller if it wasn't what he said it was I wasn't buying it. Got there and a problem had resulted since the sale, but the seller made it right. 87 300D 196k $1700
needed a few parts < $300 and had a dented trunk lid. Good car thou

Old 05-01-2008, 04:35 PM

ok now im really tempted. Im looking at an 2006 CL 500 Sport with with only 26,000 miles. It has 1day 8hrs left and its going for no joke $860.00 thats right $860.00

Old 05-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator

Where? I can't find it. If it is there, ****** it!

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/Cars-Tru...4&_fcsfc=0

Old 05-04-2008, 05:51 PM

Sorry AMG I wish I could I put a bid in for $1,200 and at 1 hour left it jumped to $20,000 and sold

Old 12-09-2008, 08:28 AM

I have bought cars from ebay, and have learned that it is dangerous. Feedback is meaningless, since it includes purchases by the seller as well as sales. Anyone can have an ebay account, and ebay will do NOTHING to help you.

To reduce the risk, do the following:

Run carfax checks. Don't take anything with an accident or flood or title problem.

Don't just bid, make a conditional offer, subject to inspection and examination of records.

Take the car to a dealer, not some garage, and get it inspected for mechanical and body. Get a list of work to be done. Check the service records, add skipped servicing to the list.

Use the list to negotiate down from the offer (for items not mentioned in the listing), or ask to have the work done before purchase.

Be willing to walk away, even if you have flown in from Antarctica. Don't drive away without a TITLE in the glovebox.

Don't skip any of these steps, even if the car is an obvious good deal.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:34 PM

you can look at buyers feedback only

Old 12-23-2008, 10:10 PM

Caveat Emptor. "Buyer Beware"... Any used car is indeed a crap shoot. E Bay allows you to see what the market is demanding for prices. It is the most raw form of selling a vehicle. It is not risk free but then I'm sure that all of those self respecting and upstanding used car salesmen are risk free as well right? Do your research, study the photos, read the verbiage on the auction, contact the seller by phone or at the very least by e mail. Pay the $15 for a CARFAX just to be sure. A small amount of money upfront is worth it in the end. I have purchased several cars on E Bay and am confident that you can finda good deal from a good person if you do your homework. My hardest lesson to learn is this.... if it looks too good to be true... then in E Bay it sure as hell is too good to be true. Best of luck to you.[8D]

Quick Reply: Buying off EBAY