Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

In the Automotive News this Week...

Old 11-27-2008, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator
Default In the Automotive News this Week...

Prices forFord Maverickssoar to thehighest dollar mark ever. Speculators suggest that Sarah Palin's ironic colateral endorsement of the '70s vehicle, and the dimming dollar value have somehow merged tocreate a rush on the old vehicle, and they areselling for more than the original sticker price. First introduced in 1970for approximately $2000, aFord Maverick in fair conditioncan hardly be found for that price today. Cult followers give example that a '71 Maverick, equiped with a 302 CID v8, in candyapple red, now known as Racing Sarah Palin Red can fetch upwards of $7000. US.

And thats the afternoon report

Blue

Old 11-27-2008, 05:55 PM
Default RE: In the Automotive News this Week...

Anybody see the 2010 Mustang!!! sweet baby sweet!

Old 12-03-2008, 02:21 AM
Super Moderator

Bored? Creative? You gotta see this to believe it.
http://crazycrashes.wordpress.com/20...on-a-car-ever/

Blue

Old 12-03-2008, 05:05 PM

The Mavericks are just glorified Pinto's and Vegas.

Old 12-03-2008, 11:43 PM
Super Moderator

Proposed exhuast requirements for mercedes vehicles in Japan increases owners concerns.

Continuous improvement is big in Japan, and these students and hobbyists have definitly approached theupper limit for design modification in this entertaining show.

Photo source: http://www.hemmy.net/2006/04/26/craz...ds-from-japan/

Old 12-04-2008, 12:22 AM
Super Moderator

Why I dont like the word (glorified).

I used to have a Porsche 914-4 that everybody, and I mean everybody, referred to as a (glorified Volkswagen). The body was rusted so completely around every mount and fitting so that you could literally lift the body up towork on the engine like a funnycar.I hit bumps in the road on occasion that shifted the body on the frame, where you could see the pavement through the misaligned panels, but the next turn would usually slide everything back into alignment. My biggest fear back then was that the body would fly off the car if I ever had to slam on the brakes. But that never happened; youhad to pump the brakes four times to stop anyway. I eventually upgraded to a $500 914 which had a good body, and used the old car forspare parts.

Now teen reasoning is so acute it is unbeleivable. I mean a teenager can tell the difference between a 17 yr old and an 18 year old, whichat my age Ino longer can do. I can barely tell a 20 yr old from a 30 yr old; they all look young.When people called my 914 a glorified volkswagen back then, they were mistaken; a glorified volkswagen is a VW bug with 914 wheels on it. And there was a huge difference.

Blue

Old 12-04-2008, 10:43 AM

Ok well I should have just said it's a larger version of the Pinto and Vega The 914 was actually a nice fun car to drive. When I was growing up my buddys dad had a black onepretty cool looking. In a way because of some of the design features it could have been mistaken for a VW sounded like one in my opinion but it had the Porsche badge rather then VW. If any VW could have been mistaken for a Porsche back ethen I would say the Karmaghia (spelling?).

Old 12-04-2008, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

Melloc230, it was not only mistaken for a VW, I think it WAS a vw...
And youre right, they were fun. I only wished I could have had a newer one then. Blue