Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Anyone an IPOD expert?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 03:49 AM
Super Moderator
Default Anyone an IPOD expert?

My IPOD will NOT shut-off.
Normally, you press and hold the ">/ll"key until it shuts off, but for some reason its not shutting off, so it runs until the battery dies.

I know the ">/ll" key works because it still switches from pause to play each time you press it.

The only thing detrimental that I "know" happened to IPOD prior, was the bottom connector got splashed with water, but not submerged. I already tried to "upgrade" and "restore" the software, but no improvement.

Thank you
Blue

Old 06-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Default RE: Anyone an IPOD expert?

If you hold down both the middle and menu buttons at the same time it should reset it (not restore just a reboot).

Old 06-10-2007, 08:45 PM
Super Moderator

Ok, I tried that a few times, it does not fix the problem.

I'm thinking maybe the little contacts on the card-edge are corroded now because of the water.
Do you know how to take the thing apart?

Blue

Old 07-10-2007, 01:19 PM

Im not exactly an IPOD expert but I know most handheld electronics come with a a small recessed reset button somewhere along the edge. Usually it's too small to be hit with your finger so you have to use a toothpick/penicl/paper clip etc to get it.

Old 07-10-2007, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

I appreciate the responses.

I don't think it has reset button on the side, but the idea is good.
Maybe if Iremove the battery, and let it go completely blank, then recharge and reload the software...

Old 07-11-2007, 11:23 PM

My ipod nano does the same thing... it is just characteristic of the ipod. Remember that it is a little computer, and computers sometimes don't respond to commands for some reason. I think it might also have something to do with the way you disconnect it from your computer... you have to "safetly remove hardware" like a jump drive. If you don't, it might f*** up. One solution would most likely be to restore it to the factory settings.

Old 07-18-2007, 02:47 AM

Okay, you might want to know this...
My ipod nano has been not turning off lately- for a few weeks straight. Then after I plugged it into itunes and added a song, it began turning off again. So if yours doesn't turn off, it kills the battery in just a few hours, so plug it in and activate itunes, remove a song, then re-add it. Maybe that'll work. It can save you before a long trip or something.

Old 07-31-2007, 04:40 PM

there is another method to shut off your ipod heres how:

1. go to the main screen
2. go into settings
3. click on main menu
4. scroll all the way down and turn sleep ON
5. this will put sleep on the main menu and you will be able to shut off your ipod just by clicking the sleep.
***just remember to lock your ipod after you put it on sleep or it will turn back on again

Old 08-01-2007, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

Guys that worked!
I don't know what is originally wrong with it, but as long as I can turn it off that way, its ok.

Cool!

Blue