New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

W210 Direction Indicator Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 01:39 PM
Smile W210 Direction Indicator Problem

Hi all . I'm new to this site and relatively new to owning a Mercedes - it's a W210 E320i diesel saloon, nine years old, which I bought about three months ago. I must say that I've been really pleased with it so far - I ran an LR Disco 1 LPG conversion for the last 5 years - so the improvement in economy, comfort, gadgets, reliability etc. is quite refreshing. Oh, and hopefully this one won't catch fire.
However, the honeymoon period appears to be over. On the way home today, the indicators wouldn't stop flashing. I could get them to work left and right using the stalk, but they wouldn't reset in the mid position; they would just keep flashing in the current direction. Very frustrating for me and other drivers on the motorway home.
It may be temperature related as they worked properly once the car had stood for a while on the drive with the ignition off, and then stopped working properly after they had been on for a short while.

I'd really appreciate it if anyone has had a similar issue and can point me in the right direction (no pun intended!).