New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

synchronize remote control

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 12:26 PM
Default synchronize remote control

Hi, I lost my key (with remote) for ML350. I ordered a replacement key from dealer. The key is working but the remote is notworking. Dealer told me bring the key and car back to the service department to program the remote andI willbe charged for the service. [:@] (Why do not they told me in the very begining when I ordered the key? So, I can save the a trip, time, and very willing to pay the service charge.)
Anyway, I check the user manual and there is a portion talking about 'remote synchronize'. I followed the instructions below, but it is still not working. I think Idid something wrong about it.
My understanding for the instructions on user manual is:
#1. insert the key into steering and turn keyto #2 position then turn back to #0 and remove.
#2. while push and hold 'lock' button and press 'unlock' button 5 times on the remote.
#3. release button and push 'lock', 'unlock' or 'lift trunk' button once. ( Not really understand this one).
P.S.
I think the betteries on the remote should be OK. It looks brand new.

Any help will be greatly appreciate. Thanks in advance.

Old 01-01-2008, 01:56 PM
Default RE: synchronize remote control

every time u get a new key it need to be program with das , at the dealer , but after that, u can
synchonize if memory in key is erase due bad batt