New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

Sirius Sattelite Problem Information

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Default Sirius Sattelite Problem Information

Good Afternoon,
Hopefully the following may be of some value, possibly frustration reduction.
After visiting the Mercedes dealer 5 times (last visit kept the car for 22 days), for a skipping Sirius signal in our 09 CLK 550, we got the following statement from the dealer: Mercedes and Sirius are fighting over who is going to pay for the fix. The dealer told us that the problem spreads over multiple models and multiple years and became a compound problem in May of this year - which is when our problem began. Info was passed through the dealer from a MB engineer.
Not much of a problem solution for a product under warranty.
I have been bothering Sirius since May and finally spoke with a supervising engineer on September 8. He acknowledged that there had been a problem since May and it included Mercedes, BMW, VW, Ford and others. Related to buffering of the signal. I asked him what was being done and he said a fix should be ready in 3 - 4 weeks. Naturally, he would not give me his name, but, it was the first time Sirius admitted it was their problem. Also said Sirius would adjust billing, etc. once the problem was resolved.
I have also been in communication with a MB customer service rep who is most adept at avoiding my phone calls. No help there.
Who knows how this mess will end for all with a Sirius problem, but, at least, it "appears" a solution may be available.
Good Luck,
Chuck - Slidell, Louisiana