New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

Question about European Delivery from a new member

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 05:48 PM
Default Question about European Delivery from a new member

Hi,

I am new to the forum and I am planning to lease the 2007 E350 4Matic with Euro Delivery. I have searched for European Delivery on this forum and have read a number of posts on the EDP experience. These posts mostly had useful information about what to expect in ED and the experience while in Germany. This information has been very helpful in the sense that I understand the whole process. One thing lacking in these posts is that none of these had any specific information about negotiating an ED deal. From what I have read so far and from calling a few local dealers the price for ED is 7% below MSRP and that is pretty much all the discount you get. BTW its interesting to note that the the difference between Invoice and MSRP is 7%!! (at least for the E class). This means that you are paying the invoice price. Some dealers are willing to throw in the Alps Rally Package & a few accessories (like the IPod Adapater etc.) for free to further sweeten the deal a little but most are not willing to lower the price any further.

I am ok with all this but my biggest concern is that the dealer is not willing to give me a firm quote on the financing details. Stuff like the money factor, residual, mileage etc. for the lease. According to the local dealer. He needs the VIN in order to give me a firm quote & with ED I won't have the VIN until about 1 month before the trip to Europe and that is when he can give me a firm quote on these things including the monthly payment.

My concern is that by if I order the car without knowing these details my $2,000 deposit will be tied down and the dealer can basically screw me by charging a higher money factor or a low residual making my lease very expensive & since they have my deposit I won't have the same negotiating power as I do now (before I have placed the order).

I would like to know from the people who have done ED if this is the standard practice and how can one get around this. I am afraid that I will be stuck with a bad deal or lose my $2,000 deposit in the end.

Sorry for a long post and thanks in advance for any help.

Old 01-21-2007, 10:08 AM
Default RE: Question about European Delivery from a new member

tell them your concern if they have some lame excuse or you sense they are tring to swindle you move one to the next dealer

i have seen e350 go 8k below sticker