New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

ohio european service

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 12:40 PM
Default ohio european service

holy moly! this forum has by far the largest group of mercedes lovers i have ever seen!
it means a lot to me to see people that care about their auto,s especially benz, in the way that you guys do. i do a ton of surfing for mercedes forums and sites to get a general feel for the publics perception of the brand. why? becauseservicing mercedes benz is my livelihood. ithas always been. my family has owned and operated our european service facility since 1946.
i read a few posts in here on service facilities that some ofyou have visited, and was suprised at the terrible experiences that you have encountered. paticularly from dealer service departments. its always been the normal public perceptionto go to the dealer for yourbenz upkeep andservice. this makes sense initially, butafew of us in the independent service world are aiming to change this.

your choices for serviceare few.
1.go to the dealer as long as you own your benz, and pay the price.
2.find someone you trust that is an independent, and PROPERLY TOOLED.
3. do it your self. whichfor most people is just out of the question.

our shopliesbetween akron and canton ohio. we have 2 mercedes dealers near us.Niether ofwhom get good rerviews. we have seen many people "turncoat" on the benz make for asian makes of similar stature. most of them "soured" by the dealer experience. this pains me.....badly. this type of servicecauses most people to believe thatthe car is junk, unreliable and unable to be repaired.

this is complete horsepucky......benz-bmw/mini-vw/audi-porsche are the top makes that are next to impossible to competently repair withoutPROPER tooling, training and information. period. taling these makes to "chain" repair centers, or "quick lubes" will cause you nothing but greif in the long run.

so here is my advice tobenz(and all other european/high end asianautoowners) for service and repair.
1. find a independent that you trustthathasFACTORY diagnostic tooling and info for your make. most importantly for benz is for them to own a SDS. (star diagnostic system). this tool is needed to fix benz properly (yes, its even needed for oil changes.) factory tools and training are available to the aftermarket repair shops...for a very large price. most indys will opt for a cheaper "wannabe" tool that will do nothing but waste YOU more time and money. i have been there, believe me.
2. you do not have to have you car serviced at the dealer to keep your warranty alive. READ YOUR WARRANTY FINE PRINT. now you shouldtake advantage ofall the free service and goodies that they offer you of course. if your experience with your dealer is good, fantastic. unfortunately most are not.
3. keep service records of everything you have done toyour car.remember, warranties are not offered to you because they love you. they are a sales tool only.some dealershave gone out of their way to void them, or find something to charge you for. dealers make very little money on warranty work. nuff said.
4.european cars inpaticular have gone through MAJOR technological changes recently, mostly in the electronics department. and anyindependent that you choose should be able to show you certificates of completed training for your make. ASK THEM.us euro techs LOVE to brag about our training! most importantly, ask around on forums and such.

in closing, i am not intending to use this forum for advertising purposes.i just want to educate the motoring public on issues that are important to me and my trade.
please feel free to contact me with any further service related questions.
thank you and happy motoring
sincerely,
dan braucher
braucher service inc
braucherservice@gmail.com