New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

Newbie- first time MB owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 09:15 PM
Default Newbie- first time MB owner

Hi All!</P>

Just wanted to say hi. Bought me a 1987 260E almost one year ago. I am the second owner of this well maintained beautiful car. It had 69,000 original miles on it when I bought it. A big upgrade from the 1990 Chevy Corsica that I had which promptly died on me onefine Thursdaylast April, with no warning I might add. Was looking for something used and went to the local Saturn dealership as I have done business with them before and find them to be quite honest and easy to work with. Well she was sitting on the lot and "just for fun" we decided to test drive it. Well it took all of about 10 minutes to fall in love with this car. It came down to this and the 97 Dodge neon sitting next to it for almost the same price. Well I needed something immediately in order to get to work on Monday morning. We went with theMercedes because we figured it would probably would last longer. It quickly became our "good" car, usurping our 97' Saturn. Had made the trip from CO to MN three times. Great over the road car. I use it as my daily driver to go back and fourth to work which is about 40 mi each way. (The drive is much nicer in theMercedes than my old Corsica.)</P>

Anyway since I am completely new to Mercedes and know next to nothing about them other than them being extremely reliable cars, I have many questions which I will post in the appropriate forums. </P>

There are days when I still get giddy from driving my "new" Mercedes. I truly enjoy this automobile. </P>

Well, thanks for letting me ramble. </P>

Miles</P><edited><editID>Miles</editID><editDate>38077.8146527778</editDate></edited>