New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

New member and sponsor....

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 02:25 PM
Default New member and sponsor....

Hello to everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Patrick, owner of exceldetail.com. We are a mobile detailing service, and car care product company. Ive been detailing for over 20 yrs now, and withing the last yr have decided to begin selling car care products. If anyone should have a question regarding proper car care, please feel free to PM or ask in the *new* "Detailing and car care" forum area!
Products available online would include Clearkote waxes, glazes, carnaubas, instant detailers, Pure Australian Sheepskin washmitts, applicators, Elite, and Supreme Microfiber polishing towels, Waffle weave drying towels, PC pads and backing plates, and the list grows every month! 10% disount to forum members just for the asking! If anyone should ever need any product recommendations, whether it be from me or anywhere else on the web, Im very knowlegable of many products, so dont hesitate to ask.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2220/46717AD9CF6540A68D7332A6E5C813F0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-12-2004, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: New member and sponsor....

hi patrick. what would you recommend for cleaning the yellowish stain on headlamp lens? it's made of plastic material.

Old 11-13-2004, 12:59 AM

Sleep, normally a good automotive polish will work just fine. The headlight cover becomes "oxidized" just as neglected car surfaces do over time. I mean who ever really thinks to protect their headlight cover ? I had a 96 Taurus I detailed the other wknd, and it had the identical problem your speaking of. I was using Meg's #80 on the whole surface and just went ahead and used it on the headlight cover. The owner noticed the difference right away. Keep in mind # 80 is a little more aggressive than what most of you probably use anyway, but still a very user friendly product. Go to your local auto parts store, if they have Megs PlastX, give it a shot. If they dont have that, look for a scratch remover product, Mothers, Meguiars, and Eagle One make them.....

Old 11-13-2004, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator

patrick, in car detailing business, items such as steering cover, air freshener, floor mats, etc.. are included?

am planning maybe to put up one. this might help me earn an extra cents.

Old 11-13-2004, 02:03 PM

You could supply those items as an extra when detailing, sure ! I always add a air freshener as part of my normal services anyway though.