New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

New member and quick hello

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 10:41 AM
Default New member and quick hello

I'll introduce myself as a previous Mercedes Benz "gas" owner (a decade ago) and new diesel owner ('82 MB 300D) as of last week, but I am long time Volkswagen TDI diesel owner (as well as diesel tractors and sailboats). I'm hoping to find a MB forum to call home and own that can be as helpful as the TDIClub was for VW diesel ownership.

First off, I've spent a couple nights under the hood of my 1982 300D Turbodiesel and find the vacuum system intriguing to say the least. Hopefully I'll start to understand the logic and can both diagnosis a few problems and maybe even enhance the performance a bit (stumbled on this forum after reading a bit about a performance minded member). So far I'm jumping into the easy fixes -- brakes, bearing, rust (although probably not necessarily easy). Eventually I'd like to understand what is under the hood and then what can be done to revive a 31 year old interior?

Although I haven't updated my profile just yet, I'm in SW Ohio and besides communicating on the forum, will hopefully connect with a more experience owner locally or at least in a G+ Hangout or something ... but for now, hello to all.