New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

New member with a parts question

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 06:30 PM
Default New member with a parts question

Greetings,
Earlier today a friend gave me what appears to be a complete set of upper and lower bumpers to a classic Mercedes Benz. She was under the impression that they originally came off of a 1965 model. Since they appear to be in very good shape for OEM parts of that vintage I am hoping to identify exactly which years and models they will fit. If I can find the rest of the car to go with them, I'd love to be the proud owner of such a fine example of classic German engineering. However, since I doubt that I will ever find one that fits my meager finances, I will probably just wind up selling the parts to some lucky soul who already owns one and just needs nice bumpers.
Either way, any suggestions you may have regarding the specific models/years they fit and any ideas regarding their approximate value would be greatly appreciated. Since my digital camera is not working (damn Japanese technology) I am hoping that a simple description is sufficient to identify them.
Both main bumpers are of a two-piece design divided in to left and right halves. One set has slots near the center which I presume are for mounting the front license plate. The other set has one bolt hole approximately in the center of each half. Each bumper has a matching pair of upper end sections which match the wrap-around ends of the bumpers.
Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you may offer.