New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

New MB Tech.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 12:32 AM
Default New MB Tech.

Hey everybody, I just signed up about two minutes ago. I was just recently employed at Mercedes-Benz Manhattan as a new technician intern. I'm just finishing up my training at Lincoln Technical Institute. I figured, hey, I'm now a MB employee so I might as well join a MB forum lol. I'm 19 years old and I love my job. Just today I test drove a CLK550 cabriolet (07 model) after doing a PDI. I have to say, it's the fastest damn thing I've ever been in or driven. I love the benefits I get because you really do get a benefit for almost anything you can think of. I can't wait to go to work every morning and I'm so sad when it's time to go, wish I could stay a little more everyday. I've never in my life ever driven or been in a Mercedes-Benz until a couple days ago when I was hired. I have to say, this is THE best car company in the world and makes some of the best cars in the world. I come from a lower class family so I never had anything luxurious and never had anything handed to me. It seems like all the work, pain, and struggle I've had from my childhood until now has paid off. I LOVE MY JOB AND MY CAREER. I LOVE MERCEDES-BENZ!

Old 07-19-2006, 03:05 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: New MB Tech.

welcome Zshadow18.

I can't wait to go to work every morning and I'm so sad when it's time to g
you are still young and in your prime. you will be learning a lot of new things everyday, and the more you learn, the more you want to know more.

share with us your ideas and new things. you will feel at home here.

Old 07-19-2006, 04:08 AM

Hi My Friend
Congratulation for your new job and I am happy for you and you are very lucky that you can sit on the new Benz when you just turned 19 and most of all, you can fix a Benz at the young age. You must be a very talented young man. When I was a kid, I have everything because I was born in a Powerful and wheathy family but still never has a chance to touch a real Mercedes until I am almost passed my middle age. So you must be happy because has money is not really a most happiest person. Now you are 19, you will have a chance to see a flying car for sure but not us. Be Happy and enjoy your new job and always take any chance to learn more and more. The more you know, the better security of your job because a lot of talented people always around us, they may take our job at anytime. Enjoy and welcome aboard my young Tech and I will have a chance to ask you a lot of new questions on Benz cars.

Regards,
joedao2005

Old 07-19-2006, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome.
I think you can find helo and be of help here.
Congrats on the job.

Yeah, I remember my first time being in a Mercedes and I immediately knew that one day I wanted to own one, (that was when i was five years old.) And this day now I own the car that I always dreamed of and said I was going to have and style and year the first Mercedes I actually been in when I was five and I couldn't have asked for a better car. In fact, I don't think they make a better car that fits my taste exactly.
Never know, one day you'll be the owner of one of them 07 CLK550. If you want it, you can have it. Just have to stick with it and work for it (which I see with your new job is way ahead of the game in that department.)

Old 07-22-2006, 02:58 AM

Stay in touch. If you ever have diesel issues contact me duxdevil1@hotmail.com . Always wear safety glasses.

Old 07-23-2006, 11:12 PM

Thanks for the replies guys, I appreciate the welcomes and the info. I actually am doing mostly prep work now, so I'm the guy who installs the options on the new cars like phone kits and ipod kits along with grill guards and side steps. Any option available and one way or another, sooner or later, I'll be installing it in new cars. I don't really do any engine work at all....yet. The top guys want to see how I am with basics before I move onto harder things, which is good because that way I won't mess up. I also get some very good flat rate times for some jobs. If there's anything I can answer for you guys just let me know. If you have a question that I can't answer, I'll ask some of the guys in the shop. Thanks guys.