New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

Nav System and PCMCIA

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 10:33 AM
Default Nav System and PCMCIA

I am new to the forum and belong to several other forums of differing enthusiasms and find these are very helpful places to get information. I probably should have searched first but will throw it out for what it is worth.

I just purchased a 2008 S550. Took me a month to get through the Operators Manual. My car is equipped with a PCMCIA slot for the radio. For the life of me I cannot find where I can get one of these cards. Went to the local Best Buys and Circuit City’s and got this “what are you talking about” reply when trying to buy one. I went to the dealer and they said what I need is a PCMCIA reader. They tried it vain to identify the part in the MB parts systems and could not. Does anybody know where I can pick up one of these cards?

The other problem is with the Nav system. I have it set for .5 miles in the birds eye view. As I am driving everything is fine. When I stop for a traffic light all the names of streets shift slightly up and down or left and right depending on their orientation. Drives me batty to look at the display and see everything jumping around. Has anyone else encountered this? Maybe it is the birds eye view? Just dawned on me that I haven’t seen if the same happens in the look down view. Thanks for the help.

Doug