New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

My first time

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 04:05 AM
Default My first time

Hello I am new to forums, in fact you are my first, so shout if I’m being a bore.
I am a bit shy about calling my A Classa Mercedes as I am probably surrounded by real enthusiasts, so sorry in advance. Why I have joined is that I am hoping to get a little advice from time to time. Being viewed as a silly woman by most mechanics I am never sure if I am being told the truth when things go wrong. My latest problem started as a small whine which has become increasingly louder, but as it occurred over the Christmas period and most garages were closed or too busy, (to tell the truth I would rather spend my money on other things) and who can live without their car for any length of time. If as friends seem to think it is the alternator, am I doing any lasting damage if I drive it for a while longer? Oh! and I forgot to say the engine warning light has just come on.