New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

mewbie

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 08:35 PM
Default mewbie

New to forum. Have always owned BMW's. First MB. 1999 ML320 75K miles, price seemed right. Have visited sight for last two days. Some posts on this vehicle make me leary. No service records were available. Air filter and fluids look clean, but will change them anyway. Drove it home 250 miles ran well. Interior is in excellent shape. Anything I should be looking for?

Thanks

Old 11-28-2006, 09:30 PM
Default RE: mewbie

Hi
I am happy that you just got a new MB ML320. That is right. You have a good reason to worry. This year and earlier year up to 2003, ML series has several electrical systems either malfunction or error or even not woking anymore. That is kind of annoying that if in one morning, your windows stop rolling down or your car seat is no longer moveable, you will start hating the car. In order to avoid this kind of frustration, I recommend you to buy an extend warranty if you can and run a problem history of this car by enter the VIN number which is located on the top left of your dashboard where it is faced to windshield bottom edge at left into the appropriate space on this web site: www.carfax.com. This info will provide you the car's repair or maitenance history and whether this car has any previous electrical or mechanical parts were failed. This can also help you to prepare your repair and maintenance budget in the future. Well prepare will avoid you with the headache from the car you spend with your hard working money and you can still love Mercedes-Benz cars. Good Luck and Enjoy your new car. Welcome aboard to the new MB Forum.

Regards,
joedao2005

Old 11-28-2006, 09:41 PM
Super Moderator

Also i am not sure if u have heated seats but watchout if you do they have been known to catch fire then u and not just ur seats will be heated[:@]

There is a long thread on this its about a year old so u may have to search it out.

Old 11-28-2006, 10:09 PM

Hi
Thanks so much Mr. mbz300sdl. I forgot about this important feature too. So you need to pay attention closely to these features. Mostly is electrical issue. But don't be panic. Just be careful on usage and maintenance. Do tune up on time and listen carefully for any issue from your dealer advisor and ask them as much as you can all information you need to avoid the problem and misuse of your cars's instrument and functioning. This forum has a lot of experts so don't worry. If you need any help, any expert here can provide you a right solution. Good Luck.

Regards,
joedao2005

Old 11-29-2006, 02:18 PM

Welcome!