New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

master benz tech 10 years

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2021, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by mbtech215
im a master mercedes-benz technician with 10 years expereiance if you have any questions feel free to ask
Hello,
have SL600 1998, mistake given to one guy to work on it because he need need money. i like my car since 1998, always was storage,
after get car back, car smell gas, no engine light, car get very hot inside engine in 5 mints , other fan do not working even engine is hot, he said he change many part ,
after driving for couple miles engine like wanna stop, ,my problem located relay for other fan,
please let me know , how can get other fan works, this can cool engine
thank you

Old 10-26-2021, 12:54 PM
Default anti theft message display on 2010 GL450

Hi-
I have an anti theft message display that kills navigation, radio, telephone etc..also the gas gauge is not working, not sure if the two issues are related. My car still runs and I have taken it to 2 mechanics with no avail. Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks
Dana-

Old 02-28-2022, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by mbtech215
im a master mercedes-benz technician with 10 years expereiance if you have any questions feel free to ask
Thanks in advance. I have a 2008 ML320 the ran fine day before went to crank couple of days later and would not start. Turning over fine. Checked fuel pressure in line feeding ( from filter) high pressure pump and it is there but none in the fuel rail. Is there a way to check the high pressure pump to see if it's bad. There are 2 plugs that plug into this would one of them shut a valve and not let in fuel ;say if the crank position sensor is faulty. If it's faulty is that something that happens. Would the high pressure pump just go out like that?

Old 04-13-2022, 01:28 AM

I hope I am typing in the rt place. happy newby over here. 04 s430 240000ish. 4 months to me book like maintenance history from previous family. was running flawless bam light dimmer cluster blowing up with message es. pep boys ( had too go there because it stopped in front of it) said dead battery. installed agm 900 1000 bat. nothing crazy but running a little hot. 4 hrs later dead again. no acceleration. light dimmer basically dead in the water. swapped battery they said bad cell. well this one did have enough volts to crank it. so charged it it would turn over but nothing. noticed 8 fuses blown. ???? knuckle heads might have sparkked something or arched it when installation. I don't know there was nothing blown before. anyway. battery is holding 12.8 and car will start but it is getting hot fast no compressor for airmatic no command center. blank screen. coolant light on abs esp airmatic abs passenger window no radiator fan.i replaced fuses and check relay s but I am not certain on all relays. voltage meter reads 12.8 not running and I think around the same running at the battery. sorry car isn't with me and I am trying to learn this over electrical chariot.everyone keep a saying it is the alternator but they think American. I am trying to work backwards or forward on everything. I don't have deep pockets so if I get to thelocal mb boys not dealership but the car maintenance history home they said 2-3 hrs of diagnosis realistically then searching. crap that 140 hrthat 420 and no parts yet. I understand and don't feel that they are bending me over that's just the world of mb. I am trying to learn as much as I can without pulling parts and slinging Benjamin s around yet. any advice or education pointers etc. would be greatly appreciated. I am just throwing it out there. but it seems like the voltage is not being shared correctly. brand new battery should fire everything up as least a short period even if the alternator is bad I thought. that's just a rookie talking out loud. lots of avenue s on these on these babies. thanks