New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

master benz tech 10 years

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 05:47 PM
Default master benz tech 10 years

im a master mercedes-benz technician with 10 years expereiance if you have any questions feel free to ask

Old 09-15-2008, 01:01 AM
Default RE: master benz tech 10 years

Hi

I appreciate the offer and I'll take you up on that!

I have a 2003 cl55, which I purchased a few weeks ago.It hashad the ABC recall tube replaced on warranty and several other parts in the system replaced off warranty to the tune of $6,000. I am however, still having the "ABC see workshop" message appear. It is a 2nd tier message so I can dismiss it, and the message is gone, if I turn off the car for a short while and restart it.

From what I've read and from what I've been able to find in the star diagnostic dvd for the 215, It seems that the message may relate toa wiringharness damaged under the cover below the windshield wiper assembly. But not having a scan tool capable of reading all the codes, I can't be sure. The car always runs fine, but after about 30 minutes, the warning comes on. The fluid level is good, and there are no leaks.

The suspension feel does not change when this happens, the height does not change at any corner, and if you press the height button, itraises and lowers properly.

I have noticed that after several days without use, the rear of the car sinks, but I was under the impression from both the mercedes boards, and the star diagnostic, that this was typical for this system andit never sinks otherwise. If I raise the car and lower it, its gone, and won't reappear unless I don't drive it for at least 4 days.

Is this something typicalyou've seen?? Any thoughts on what I should do next to fix the issue and lose the warning?

Thanks!

Old 01-05-2012, 05:19 PM
Default Abc issue

Your should not see your vehicle lowered after any amount of days.
That's why you are seeing message in the cluster.
Abc system is complex.. Has the fluid ever been flushed only using
Pentosin abc mb only? Look at the strut rear any evidence
Of sweating issue?

Old 01-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Default 1997 Mercedes E300D

Hello

I also appreciate the offer and I'll take you up on that!

I have a 1997 E300D and I have a code P1223. This is for the Fuel Rack Position Sensor. I have had the harness checked out and it is good. Outside of removing the fuel injection pump and having the sensor replaced, isthere anything else I can do to fix the problem? How difficult is it to replace this sensor. Right now it will stall if I do not ease off on the throttle slowly. I want to change the injector nozzles. Do you know if I should go with the aftermarket Monarks or Bosio or stick with Bosch?

It this the correct number?
A 0000100551 Injector Nozzle OM606

Thank you

Old 01-06-2012, 09:45 AM

560 sel rear suspension (hydraulic) seems to be stuck or something,as it is stiff , it is 1986 and very clean except for this hard rear ride. Any suggestions as to what to do to release pressure of drop the rear from this stiff or pumped up ride?

Old 01-07-2012, 04:07 PM

1995 sl600 roadster..car wont start. Dash lights come on but car does nothing. Im female and not alot of mechanical experiance.. Canyou help me?

Old 01-29-2012, 08:12 PM

Hi, I would like some help with my SL600 Suspension.I just posted a at length about it in the SL600 forum. Long story short.The front won't come upat all and the rear go all the way up. New switch ride control switch did nothing. It won't and hasn't worked for yr's.The light comes on.Resivoir is full and has been flushed. Thanx, Tom

Old 01-30-2012, 03:05 AM

Dear Master Benz tech,
Thanks so much for the offer of help. I have a 1997 E240. Two days ago the FOB would not open the doors. I used the key, got in and started it. I started to drive home and noticed the indicators do not work. I tried the hazard lights, they work fine.
I then tried the windows, nothing. Now I note that the sunroof, electric mirrors, door locks and head rest drop button do not work. Basically, anything that is controlled from the centre console.
I have checked all the fuses ( two boxes in engine bay, one in dash next to light switch and one next to battery ) and they are all serviceable.
I look forward to your reply.
cheers
phil

Old 02-27-2012, 04:32 PM
Default SRS Light

Originally Posted by mbtech215
im a master mercedes-benz technician with 10 years expereiance if you have any questions feel free to ask
My SRS light comes on when someone sits in the passenger side of my 98 C230. Is something I can change myself? If so how so. I am very mechanically inclined.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:58 AM
Default '97 SL600 1st and reverse gear only

Hello there; thanks for the offer to help with technical questions. I have a 1997 SL600 with 78K miles on it and so far good luck with it. Last week, however, I was pulling away after refueling and after a few hundred feet the 'check engine' light came on and at the same time I realized the trans would not shift out of 1st gear. Reverse, Park and neutral O-K, but any other position is 1st gear only. I can't say I have confirmed the fluid level as I would have to buy one of those MB special sevice tool dipsticks to do that. Up to the moment I refueled all shifting was quite normal with no problem or noises of any kind. I disconnected the battery for a few hours thinking that might 'reset' an ECU behind this, but no change and the 'check engine' light came on again.

I don't drive the car very much and after long periods of little use there is a little fluid leakage that accumulates in a drip tray. Not sure if it is susp fluid or trans fluid though.

Any help in tracking this problem down would be highly appreciated. I guess a sensor or electronic issue but don't know the typical points of failure.

Quick Reply: master benz tech 10 years