New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

Introduction

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 12:38 AM
Default RE: Introduction

Interesting to read your credentials for crawling around under the hood. BRAVO! I wish my daughter and wife cared a little more about what goes on under the hood. I admit though that they ran the jack together to lift the transmission up under the 240D when I changed it a couple of weeks ago. Anyways I used to live out near Bradford PA.
Drujinin

Old 08-03-2005, 03:33 AM
Default RE: Introduction

ORIGINAL: pbk
SL600 you say you are putting in a roof lift, did you buy one or are you making your own from the hardware store?
Sorry for the delay in answering this one

The garage was the project of the moment and it's almost completed, so within the next few weeks I should be working on the roof lift, and depending upon if I can find what I'm looking for or not, I may have to end up making one.

I'll post the final results once I get it done.

Cheers

Old 08-03-2005, 06:46 PM
Default RE: W

ORIGINAL: SLK320Chic

I am 100% capable of changing my own oil, my own spark plugs and wires, rotating tires, (speaking of, I need to see if my tires are directional...I know the tires in the rear are wider so they cannot be rotated...but I am still capable of doing it!) I can change batteries, fuses, I helped weld on a new exhaust for a junker Grand Am I am trying to sell. Umm...what else can I do...I am certifed to mount and balance tires. I can check my air pressure...obviously. I can usually diagnose problems with vehicles too. I could feel my timing belt slipping on my old car. Waited a little too long to replace it, blew my water pump. When the belt snapped, it whacked my crank shaft and dented it. I had to replace that too. So...yeah, I think I have given you plenty of examples of my mechanical inclinations! I hope anyway...
Now that you cannot beat!!!!

Anyway hello and welcome, I also am new, a bartender,and I work for Bekkers Import during the day. Congrats on the new car, it is so very kewl when a girl gets dirty under the hood. Gotta love it.

Old 08-07-2005, 05:21 AM

Ah, muchos gracias mi amigos! For those of you that don't understand Spanish...I said, Thank you very much my friends!

Unfortunate news though...the SLK is gone. I kept running into problem after problem after problem with the car. Questioned myself "Okay, obviously something is seriously wrong here. Now what is it?" Went and ran a CarFax on the car. Turns out, it was in a severe accident down in Florida. Which my car dealer did not inform me of. So, I paid entirely too much for the car, my extended warranty I bought was a crock of...poop. I went through a whole ordeal with the dealership, their affiliates, and have even spoken to a lawyer concerning everything that went down. Unfortunately, I can't claim on the lemon law, I can't sue them for anything, and I couldn't even cancel the warranty I bought to get the money back that I paid for it. I only owned the car for a month and a half. From my trade in on my other car, and how much I could only get for the Benz...I took about a $10,000 hit. Which sucks. Now I have a 2004 Mazda 6. What a change. I still absolutely love Mercedes, and I loved my car with all my heart. I balled like a little baby when I left it at the dealership with my new car. But I told myself that I definitely learned from this situation, and there will be plenty of time for me to eventually get another one. Hopefully I will prepare myself for the next time around. I am sure the dealer I bought the Benz from saw me coming from miles away...! *sigh*

Old 08-07-2005, 06:04 AM

I am so sorry to hear about your experience

Hopefully your lawyer will be able to ream them bastards !

That really sucks though.........

So what was happening with the car ? Too many things going wrong ? or was it just that they weren't covered under warranty ?

Anyway, congrats on the new Mazda, I hope it treats you well. If you ever need advice or someone to ask a question to, please don't hesitate.

I have full manuals on that car as well, so if you need info let me know (I should have it).

Other than that... have fun !

Cheers,
TJ

Old 08-09-2005, 03:53 AM

Thanks SL600, I'll go into detail with the problems when I am not so sleepy. But, thanks!

Old 08-09-2005, 06:57 AM
Super Moderator

does it means the we will lost our muse in mercedesforum because... no more SLK?

[sm=sigh.gif]

Old 08-11-2005, 04:06 AM

I certainly hope she still plans on coming back to visit us.

Old 08-11-2005, 04:36 AM

I'll still be hanging out here. Getting a lemon doesn't decrease my love for Mercedes!

Old 08-11-2005, 10:17 AM

I'm glad to hear you'll be around. You're wanted around here. How cool is that?

Speaking of lemons, we need to talk cocktails sometime.

Quick Reply: Introduction