New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

Introduction

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 06:39 PM
Default RE: W

Hi SLK320Chic,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new SLK320 Roadster. I'll have to take a peek in the "Lets See Your Ride(s) thread" and checkout the pictures of it.

I hope you enjoy this place and your new Benz as much as many of us here do.

It's an awesome place to exchange ideas and to help keep these Sweet Benz Autos on the road.

Nice to meet you and have a great stay !

Cheers,
TJ

Old 07-05-2005, 03:17 AM
Default RE: Introduction

ORIGINAL: SLK320Chic

Hello everyone. I am new here to Mercedes Forums. I just bought a white 2001 SLK320 Roadster on Wednesday, June 15th, 2005. I posted the pictures in Off Topic for the "Lets See Your Ride(s)" thread. Just thought I'd stop in and say hello. My name is Alyssa. I'm 22. I am an office manager for a landscaping and mulching company during the day. Bartender at night, and promotional model on weekends. Um, I love dogs, cars, and motorcycles. Anything else you would like to know, feel free to ask. I'm pretty open! Fill me in on yourselves as well!
Just peeked at your new car in the "Lets See Your Ride(s)" thread. Looks absolutely Sweeeeeet!

Bet it's fun to drive as well eh ?

I love the retractable hardtop on those .... My SL600 Hardtop is a pain to deal with .... I'm in the process of installing a lift in the garage ceiling to suspend it from. (also makes for much easier removal/installation)

Anyway, have a good one !

Cheers,
TJ

Old 07-05-2005, 03:53 PM

Haha, thank you SL600...I do love it! It's a blast to drive! I had a 91 Toyota MR2 and that thing was a dream when it came to handling turns at high speeds...this...is CLOSE...but I need to do a suspension upgrade so it hugs those corners with minimal body roll. It's not shabby, but could use a little more tuning.

Old 07-06-2005, 02:58 AM

My pleasure,

It's funny that you say '91 Toyota MR2..... I just helped a friend of mine rebuild his engine for one. '91 Turbo MR2 Pretty quick little car that handles pretty awesome.

A little tweaking and your Benz should easily surpass anything you've experienced in an MR2.

And for some strange reason it just rolls off the tounge so much nicer.....
ie.. when people say what kind of car do you have ?......... When you say Mercedes Benz .... there just something about it. It just has class written all over it !

Mercedes has had such prestige in so many countries that just mentioning the name of one still makes people go ahhhhhhhh.

Anyway, please take care and have a blast at whatever you do.

Cheers,
TJ

Old 07-06-2005, 04:47 PM

SL600...I'm hoping my car does exceed my expectations once I get all my upgrades done. I'm sure it will. It has already. It's a powerful, beautiful piece of machinery...I adore it. A lot of people admire my car. I don't think it's spectacular...but it gets a lot of looks. SL55 AMG Kompressor is what I am aiming for.

Old 07-07-2005, 01:31 AM

You go girl !

Sounds like a nice thing to aim for

Have an awesome day!

Cheers,
TJ

Old 07-07-2005, 04:40 PM

Thank you! You do the same!

Old 07-09-2005, 11:08 PM
pbk

SL600 you say you are putting in a roof lift, did you buy one or are you making your own from the hardware store?

Old 07-14-2005, 07:59 PM

A roof lift?! *scratches chin*

Old 07-14-2005, 08:18 PM
Super Moderator

roof lift

actually, two people can do it, but it is an advantage for storage.

Quick Reply: Introduction