New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

Introduction

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 06:02 PM
Default Introduction

Hello everyone. I am new here to Mercedes Forums. I just bought a white 2001 SLK320 Roadster on Wednesday, June 15th, 2005. I posted the pictures in Off Topic for the "Lets See Your Ride(s)" thread. Just thought I'd stop in and say hello. My name is Alyssa. I'm 22. I am an office manager for a landscaping and mulching company during the day. Bartender at night, and promotional model on weekends. Um, I love dogs, cars, and motorcycles. Anything else you would like to know, feel free to ask. I'm pretty open! Fill me in on yourselves as well!

Old 06-23-2005, 07:45 PM
Default W

Good luck with the beautiful car. I had a Harley electroglide, had it painted blue, in honor of the movie of the same name with the (now) infamous. Robert Blake who was aquitted on murder charges. I bought it new, but didn't have it very long, joined the service, during the Nam, so I am giving away my age. Old enought to be your dad. I have a daughter who is 25. Your doing OK at 21. Your also very busy, car payments are tough, I see your a model, good for you. It is also nice to see more woman on the board, cars aren't just a guy thing. I hope you wash your car at least once a week and polish and wax at least 2 to 3 times a year and in between use a good detailing spray, change your own oil, you can pump it out of the dipstick, and perform other routine maintenance? Also nice to see a young person on the board, us geriatric's need some youth on board. Young minds new ideas!

Old 06-23-2005, 09:28 PM
Default RE: W

Sup Alyssa. I'm pretty new here also.

32. Dallas. 2002 C240 (pic in the same forum yours is in). Jobless since Jan, living on severance cashola. Also love dogs, that's the "Bandit" below.

Old 06-24-2005, 01:22 PM

Thank you for the warm welcomes! I have 2 Golden Retrievers. Benny and Sage. I also have a Ball Python named Amber and a Beta Fish named Izzy in my office. I love my dogs though...more personable than a snake or fish. Haha.

C280, ah, don't worry about the age thing. Who cares?! (By the way, I am 22, not 21.) I have actually washed my car 3 times since I have had it. (I get her back today! She was in the shop for broken catalytic converters...headlight condensation...broken cigarrette lighter...for my cell phone. and a few other minor things.) But our pollen rate up here is HIGH, so it gets covered after sitting outside of my work for 8 hours. It also just got a coat of wax last week. But, this weekend I am going to take a buffer to it. I have some sun swirls in the hood and on the trunk. I already did claybar, didn't have the time to buff her. I am 100% capable of changing my own oil, my own spark plugs and wires, rotating tires, (speaking of, I need to see if my tires are directional...I know the tires in the rear are wider so they cannot be rotated...but I am still capable of doing it!) I can change batteries, fuses, I helped weld on a new exhaust for a junker Grand Am I am trying to sell. Umm...what else can I do...I am certifed to mount and balance tires. I can check my air pressure...obviously. I can usually diagnose problems with vehicles too. I could feel my timing belt slipping on my old car. Waited a little too long to replace it, blew my water pump. When the belt snapped, it whacked my crank shaft and dented it. I had to replace that too. So...yeah, I think I have given you plenty of examples of my mechanical inclinations! I hope anyway...

Old 06-26-2005, 04:07 PM
pbk

Wecome on board. I'm in allentown, Pa with my old 86 300SL. We just got over the pollen thing.

Old 06-27-2005, 03:50 PM

pbk, I hang out in Allentown a lot! Well, near Dorney Park. I've only had my car up there twice though. We go out on the street racing scene...so I always ride with other people. Their cars are 500+HP...mine isn't even close. So...I also don't want to get popped by the police and have my car impounded.

Old 06-27-2005, 08:10 PM
pbk

And from what I read, they do that. The cops forget what fun is. I might be up in years but i still remember the fun days and I still love cars.

Old 06-28-2005, 05:50 PM

The guys I hang out with are friends with a couple of the officers there, but it's still not going to get them out of everything. I wish the cops would allow it as long as we're not on a major road or around a lot of people. I mean, I know, that's what the track is for. But street racing is free.

Old 06-29-2005, 06:18 PM
Administrator

i participate in both track and street racing...but i find that the "hardcore street racers" are the ones who cant pull good lights at the track...

Old 07-03-2005, 06:47 PM

Haha, Patrick, that is true! I have yet to take my car on the track. I just got it back though on Wednesday, so, I still have time to take it out.

Quick Reply: Introduction