New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

Instrument cluster is missing some digits.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 12:39 PM
Default Instrument cluster is missing some digits.

Hi there,
Does anybody know if there is anything you can do to fix the problem with instrument cluster digits that are messed up?
I just bought a 2001 CLK320 and all the digits on the panel(speedometer,stereo, service,etc) show up just fine except for clock and temperature.
Does it worth it to take to dealership to take a look at it? Other than this I am happy with the car.
By the way, the previous owner told me that these digits disapear on most of these models after a while and it costs a lot to have MBZ dealership to replace the part?

Thanks for your help in advance.

-m

Old 05-14-2007, 07:06 PM
Default RE: Instrument cluster is missing some digits.

yes if the digits are distorted the whole cluster needs to be replaced. there is no other fix. there are bulbs for the backlighting that can be replaced. if there are pixels missing you doneed a cluster.

Old 05-18-2007, 05:37 AM
Default RE: Instrument cluster is missing some digits.

Hi,
Just joined this forum so please bear with me for any protocol errors. When I purchased my C Class I had exactly the same problems. MB were going to charge me a shed load of money and I mean loads! I used this guy who is extremely reasonable and very efficient. All my pixel problems were resolved. http://www.speedofixer.co.uk/. Hope this helps.
Santefe999