New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

Hi Everyone!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 03:40 AM
Default Hi Everyone!

About a week ago I got my "new to me" 2001 E430 4Matic. I've really wanted an E-Class since 99 when I purchased a new C-Class (unfortunately had many problems with my C-Class, 30 days in the shop within the first 90 days of ownership, but otherwise really loved the car) and traded it for a BMW 328i.</P>

I finally decided I was going to get the E-Class I had wanted, which had to include NAV. I found about used cars within 100 miles (I am in New England afterall ;-) Loved the power of the internet to find out information about the vehicles from their VIN numbers... I even found a dealer who was selling a E430 that had been in 3 front end collisions with seemingly no adjustment in price, needless to say I steered clear of that dealer! I wanted a 2001 because I wanted the Tele-Aid and generally a newer vehicle. I ended up with a loaded 2001 E430 4Matic which included COMMAND w/TimePort and Voice. I had no idea Voice meant I could control the various functions of the radio and CD with my voice, I knew it meant I could use the phone with my voice.. I was even more impressed when it understood what I was saying with any difficulty.</P>

I'm now looking to modify my COMMAND to add in video/audio input to the LCD display. A couple companies offer different solutions. Of course the one that seems most complete is twice as expensive as the other :-(</P>

Anyone else used the AUX input on the COMMAND (even if only for audio?)</P>

</P>